Saladin scratch build

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Saladin scratch build

Post by Will01Capri »

Awesome. Great test drive
Looks cool
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks for the good word guys, it was a great feeling to see it all come together and work. At the outset it seemed like a good idea to use some left over parts and then reality overtook and some serious redesign had to be done, but hopefully others can use the insights gained to produce more unusual builds. I was particularly pleased with the variable steering turn on the first and second axles and the servo at the pivot worked amazingly despite my worries that it wouldn't be powerful enough.

Now I just have to get the turret working :crazy: :D Unfortunately I don't think recoil and gunfire will be possible on this build although I may investigate a sound module. 8O :'(

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

As this is now complete, the STL files are available for £30. Just paypal me the £30 to alwynft@aol.com and provide me with an e-mail address and I'll send the stls in zip form. The stls include all the body parts, turret, details, and the printed parts for the suspension. All you need is the hardware and electronics including the axles/nuts/bolts/motors/prop shafts/springs/servo/ESC/RX/tyres.

Anyone wanting a kit of printed parts, the price would be £225 plus postage.

I will be away from next week until mid-July so you won't be able to order until I get back

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”