Saladin scratch build

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Saladin scratch build

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks for the good words guys, I've just about finished the build apart from a few tiny bits which can wait until after the rugby.

Now to watch the battle of the titans - Wales v England

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

How did the ‘Boyos “go mate ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Herman, the Boyos (welsh) beat the supposedly invincible English soundly which was rather depressing. Wales must now be favourites for the grand slam. Oh well there's always next year........

Alwyn :(

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I actually just saw the news clip on it !! Hell of a game by the looks.
In Wirld Cup year it’s not to be overlooked either.
Ole ‘Eddies Englishmen” will rise and be a genuine threat come September.
Though I hope not tooo much of one !!!

Nice Saladin by the way !
I must get into the pictures I have of the other version for detailing use and load them up in here
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

The problems in finishing with detailing are now mostly sorted as I've managed to scratch around and find pics of restored saladins. The prime portal one is a bit of a wreck with many parts missing. I'll probably go with just green paint scheme so no hassle there, just need to get the rc working and I'm waiting for an ESC.

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Last bits of detailing complete, I even got the rearlights, sidelights, and spotlight done.

I might even get a coat of paint on today.

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

It looks kind of mean with a coat of paint on. I think I'll change the colour scheme to Nato green,

I just realised that I can make a separate Saracen upper hull and swop to fit the chassis. Maybe the next build after the hols.

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

It Lives It Lives!!!!!

Finally received the esc and battery, plugged it together and first test
phpBB [video]

Wahey... Simples

Some slight binding issues on the front axle steering but nothing that a dremmell can't fix in 30 seconds. The learner driver was useless but it's awkward driving and filming at the same time

Anyway the Saladin will be making an appearance next Sunday at the Scout hut for anyone interested.

wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Cracking job on the Saladin, Alwyn, this isn't just 3D printing, it took a lot of engineering design to get it all to work, which it does brilliantly! :clap:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Fantastic work Alwyn, I can’t wait to see it in the flesh on Sunday
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk