What would YOU choose?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
43rdRecceReg
Major

What would YOU choose?

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Let's say, that you'd saved up Christmas and Birthday moolah for a year or two, and raided the old piggy bank. If you had the choice between three objects of desire, of roughly comparable value (monetary),
which would you pick, if you could only have one of them (for now, anyway.. ;)
1. The well-liked, and handsome looking heavyweight Taigen IS-2?
Or,
2. The Psp4 Pro with Battlefield 1 (on optical media). (The PSP4 pro is capable of 4K resolution, unlike earlier iterations)
Or, finally
3. The basic Ludwig Comet A34 kit, with wheels, barrel, and other essential bits. The wheels would be of the cheaper plastic variety (beautiful machined metal ones come on at almost £300 :O )
Well, that's my quandary. Simply can't decide. I've never owned a games console, but was very impressed with the 4K capable PsP4 Pro at my son's home in Zurich :)
What would you pick? :D
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Re: What would YOU choose?

Post by jimbo_wa »

I'd have to choose the Comet - but that's because it's on my list too! :D

The Taigen is also a goer IMO, but you *NEED* the Comet! @)

The PS4 Pro is great, but I've never got on with gaming and it's got the potential to be an expensive paperweight in the near future (tech moves on...).
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Try looking at some game play videos on youtube for Battlefield 5.

Here is one with the StrumTiger:

phpBB [video]
Last edited by MichaelC on Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Let's say, that you'd saved up Christmas and Birthday moolah for a year or two, and raided the old piggy bank. If you had the choice between three objects of desire, of roughly comparable value (monetary),
which would you pick, if you could only have one of them (for now, anyway.. ;)
1. The well-liked, and handsome looking heavyweight Taigen IS-2?
Or,
2. The Psp4 Pro with Battlefield 1 (on optical media). (The PSP4 pro is capable of 4K resolution, unlike earlier iterations)
Or, finally
3. The basic Comet A34 kit, with wheels, barrel, and other essential bits. The wheels would be of the cheaper plastic variety (beautiful machined metal ones come on at almost £300 :O )
Well, that's my quandary. Simply can't decide. I've never owned a games console, but was very impressed with the 4K capable PsP4 Pro at my son's home in Zurich :)
What would you pick? :D
Comet all day long!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Hmmmm! Like chalk and cheese, all of them.

I resolved a similar quandary just before Christmas and went for the JS-2 but l just love Russian armour so it was easy. The downside is there is very little to do to it other than amire it and play!

The Comet? Its just me but l have no love of WW2 British tanks. Feeble, all if them! Although a half British Firefly would be okay. Post WW2 a different story. However, the kit will keep you occupied for some time.

Games console. Its just the thin end of the wedge! You'll turn into a teenager again ;( However, some of the games are stunning so l can understand how one becomes addicted. I speak from experience by survived mostly intact!

There, I've been no help at all :/
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Personally I'd go for the Comet but that's because I like 'different' things and it would be a challenge, plus it's something that is a rarity and should command a good price if you ever wanted to part with it.

Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Thanks, lads :thumbup: So far, the Comet seems to be winning hands down. The muddy waters of spend mania are beginning to clear :haha: :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

My all time favorite tank battle iPhone game/app is called Battle Supremacy. It’s awesome and it’s the reason I bought an rc tank. It’s that fun! I highly recommend it for everyone here.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Hmmmm! Like chalk and cheese, all of them.

I resolved a similar quandary just before Christmas and went for the JS-2 but l just love Russian armour so it was easy. The downside is there is very little to do to it other than amire it and play!

The Comet? Its just me but l have no love of WW2 British tanks. Feeble, all if them! Although a half British Firefly would be okay. Post WW2 a different story. However, the kit will keep you occupied for some time.

Games console. Its just the thin end of the wedge! You'll turn into a teenager again ;( However, some of the games are stunning so l can understand how one becomes addicted. I speak from experience by survived mostly intact!

There, I've been no help at all :/
Even though you were one of my favourite comic characters, Gen.J., I have to take issue with you on the suggestion, nay traitorous calumny on British tanks, that they were
>:< :haha: Feeble!!! Dash it, sir :O ( I can imagine Jimmy Edwards shouting that! :haha: )
The Comet was excellent in all departments, except that it came along too late in the war. It was fast, reliable, well-armoured, sported the mighty 17-pounder and..wait for it! it had a low silhouette/profile in the landscape (unlike the 88 gunners' favourite
target practice tank: the Sherman)! 'Twas a great tank and served as a platform to build the almighty Centurion on.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I don't really know why you asked. As said above.... You KNOW you need a Comet :{

But yes, post WW2 it all changed The mighty Centurion set the trend. One of my favourites.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Questions”