Pin or sub section for 3D models.

If you think that we are missing an important board or category, post here and we will see what we can do!
Vertigo
Private

Pin or sub section for 3D models.

Post by Vertigo »

Still in the 3D section. Just thinking it would be good to keep all posts pointing to file locations in one place/accessable. The individual posts get lost in the mix after a while.
Sorry it means someone may have to find/move the existing posts.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Pin or sub section for 3D models.

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Under the 'Builds and Mods' section of the Board Index, you will find '3D Printing'. Hope that helps :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Vertigo
Private

Post by Vertigo »

But the 3D forum contains all sorts of subjects.
Just thought it would be nice to have a sub section or a single topic thats pinned to the top where we put all the hyperlinks to STL files. I think some one started a thread in the past but it scrolls into history.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Just lately, a driver got off being fined for passing under a bridge with a 'no entry' sign on the road, simply because there were too many other signs to read around, and on, the bridge. :|
Similarly, too many categories and sub-categories, with their own sub-category trees can be quite off-putting. Thus, '3D printing' covers everything connected with the process, with a broad sweep. It's a starting point. Anyone wanting greater detail merely has to use the 'Search' option, or the 'Advanced Search' feature, to turn detective on specific topics. :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Just lately, a driver got off being fined for passing under a bridge with a 'no entry' sign on the road, simply because there were too many other signs to read around, and on, the bridge. :|
Similarly, too many categories and sub-categories, with their own sub-category trees can be quite off-putting. Thus, '3D printing' covers everything connected with the process, with a broad sweep. It's a starting point. Anyone wanting greater detail merely has to use the 'Search' option, or the 'Advanced Search' feature, to turn detective on specific topics. :)
I cant agree more with you.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I firmly believe that the fewer category's on the Forum the better, indeed I do wonder why we have a category on General Questions when in most cases the question would be better inserted into a specific section we do seem to cover nearly everything after all,
If there is nowhere else you can always go to "Off Topic" :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “New Boards and Categories”