Taigen T-34/85

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Taigen T-34/85

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

jimbo_wa wrote:Mick, I'd rather you didn't call me Dahling!
:haha: :haha: you'll be lucky. . . .
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

phpBB [video]

For those who don't know what that's from.

Watch "Melchett for Georgina! - Blackadder - BBC" on YouTube
phpBB [video]

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

Quality!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

43rdRecceReg wrote:..paint,and add some flowers to this, and say that it was intended to be a surprise Valentine, ( although it turned out to be a T34)..
If all else fails, and other blandishments, then it's the new domestic security guard-tank ;)
Yep, wrong sort of camouflage, no hiding in plain sight with that!

(Maybe I just need it to snow...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

jimbo_wa wrote:Yep, wrong sort of camouflage
Ah but you're wrong~ Pink is actually one of the very best camouflages. I mean, seriously, how often do you see a pink tank? That's how good it is!
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Lert wrote:
jimbo_wa wrote:Yep, wrong sort of camouflage
Ah but you're wrong~ Pink is actually one of the very best camouflages. I mean, seriously, how often do you see a pink tank? That's how good it is!
Oh yeah, one never seems to spot them :think:

jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

You may be onto something Lert...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Lets just get this right. Its your SECOND tank and you are afraid of what the better half will say??? Get used to it! When you get to twenty its gets easier. You can use used her empty wardrobes to store them in :)

As for the suspension, I'm not sure if yours has torsion bar or coil springs but T34s usually come with over tensioner tracks. If torsion bar just release each bar end, adjust and frighten the bar clamp. If coil spring the easiest and most effective way is to removes each road wheel and swing arm and then drill a further hole in the hull for the spring end to locate so that it is slacker than standard. The tank will now sit realistically lower.

You can then readjust the track tension by rotating the front idler hub. Its off centre so that it tightens when rotated in one direction and slackers in the other.

All simple to do. Ask the wife to help too...

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Mr jimbo_wa, if you would like to lower the ride height of your Taigen T34, the usual and best way to do it would be to place a small stop no more than 3mm in the lower part of the semicircular slot that guides the suspension swing arm. This will stop the swing arms from making their full downward travel and thus keep the tank sitting lower without compromising the suspension.
As an owner of three and a half T34's, I feel I can offer the best solution, as I know how this particular suspension works, which doesn't have the usual torsion bar or coiled torsion spring type suspensions.

jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

General, I have limited freedom as a married man and I like it that way! :haha:

Thanks for the tips both of you, however I'm slightly concerned about this being a new tank and most of the axle supports are looking like this:

I think that it's a standard failing of this chassis, and it looks like there are things I can do to remedy it with a bit of work - so I'm not too concerned...

The much stiffer suspension has approx. 1/3rd the travel of my Taigen Panzer III metal chassis, mostly because the much larger wheels of the T34 foul the bottom of the upper:

Just one of those things probably - without cutting a strip out of the chassis/upper, I don't think there's much to be done!

Also looking at https://www.henntec.de/produkte/kettens ... n-modelle/ Art.No.061 Chain tensioning system Taigen Metal tray T34 as a fix for the crappy idler system...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Return to “Other Builds”