Width of jagdpanther tracks

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Width of jagdpanther tracks

Post by RobW »

Maybe fill the back with fake stores so the motors etc go underneath?
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Yup that's how I did the 1/16 version. The 1/6 version won't need to lose so much space hopefully. I think the transmission used by 50koruny on his hetzer may provide a good approach on this build.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

How about printing the entire thing Alwyn?
I could do the bits that won’t fit on your printer
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks Wayne, it's very early days and this was all sparked by Markylee asking if I could do the suspension parts. I don't want to steal his project but must admit since building my 1/16 version I have been tempted by doing a 1/6 version. His suggestion of using jagdpanther tracks just sparked my interest and I really want to help him do his project first, and maybe follow up with my own later and perhaps sell a wheel/suspension kit to anyone interested. Of course all this will have to wait until after I've delivered the mk13 centurion and been on holiday.

Spain, sun, and sangria calls......

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Hehe, I understand lol
I guess it’s ok for you to have a holiday lol
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

43rdRecceReg wrote: Seeing your conversion, Mick, reminded me of one of my all-time favourite Tank-related websites: JimBob-Wan's to be precise. I'd recommend it for anyone new to the hobby, and maybe a few old hands who've forgotten what a treasure trove of articulate info it is. :thumbup:
Jimbob-Wan's site is awesome. It has helped me solve a lot of issues with different things over the years.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

B_Man wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote: Seeing your conversion, Mick, reminded me of one of my all-time favourite Tank-related websites: JimBob-Wan's to be precise. I'd recommend it for anyone new to the hobby, and maybe a few old hands who've forgotten what a treasure trove of articulate info it is. :thumbup:
Jimbob-Wan's site is awesome. It has helped me solve a lot of issues with different things over the years.
Indeed, I only wish that he'd added some more of his Tank-related amazing insights post 2013, or so. Still, much of what he writes remains valid and educational :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Questions”