Very late stug

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Very late stug

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Beautifully furnished Stug, Tom. :thumbup: You have some museum-quality add-ons there, as ever. I bought the same blue convoy light last year to fit to my Tamiya Pz IV; but it's still sitting in the rctank box it arrived in (I'm busy with musical projects). I'm especially impressed with the late shielded headlamp though. I've not seen an illuminated one before, and it's just gone on my ever-growing 'must have' list!
Cheers.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Fantastic Tom :clap: :clap: if ever I do a stug, I want it to look like this, although it won't be half as good looking.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I read that the internals were already done, Tom, when you picked this up, and then transformed the beast into a beauty. Do the convoy and shielded front lights have inline resistors? If so, do you happen to know what they're rated at? Possibly the IBU2 port for lights has a built-in resistor, in which case I expect they wouldn't be needed. Just curious, though. :) A pic, or pics, of the interior would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:
Roy.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

Nice work Tom, it's really looking the business now.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

43rdRecceReg wrote:I read that the internals were already done, Tom, when you picked this up, and then transformed the beast into a beauty. Do the convoy and shielded front lights have inline resistors? If so, do you happen to know what they're rated at? Possibly the IBU2 port for lights has a built-in resistor, in which case I expect they wouldn't be needed. Just curious, though. :) A pic, or pics, of the interior would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:
Roy.
Hey Roy, some interior shots can certainly be arranged. Ive not had to add resistors too the LEDs so I think it's safe to assume the ibu2 output is 3v or what ever LEDs use!
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Ive not done a lot on the stug recently but hoping to get the weathering polished off this week.

Here's a quick video of her in action

phpBB [video]
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

A fabulous build, Tom, and beautiful weathering and finishing. :clap: :clap: A true work of art and a tank to be very proud of. :thumbup:

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

AlwynTurner wrote:A fabulous build, Tom, and beautiful weathering and finishing. :clap: :clap: A true work of art and a tank to be very proud of. Image

Alwyn Image :wave:
Cheers Alwyn!

I finally had a chance (read stayed up till silly o clock) to do a bit more work on the stug. Adding wet and dry mud. What versions tried to keep it fairly restrained. I'd be interested to hear any criticism or thoughts on it. Usually it's this stage things come together and the vision becomes reality, on this I'm struggling a little. Ive washed the tracks but they still need mud, sealing and wet effects.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

It looks great already. But with the wet mud up on the sides you might want to look more into the lower hull parts and the wheel hubs. These tend to accumulate a lot when pictures are taken for reference.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Looking spectacular Tom. What a beautiful piece for your collection.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Heng Long Builds”