Lert repaints his JagdPanther

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Lert repaints his JagdPanther

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I like it like that Mr Lert
I’m not a fan of the barrel net, but that’s just me ! I prefer the sleek line of that 88
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

So I managed to source a partially used brass etch ABER sprue for my JP, which still had the track link holders on that I wanted. Why did nobody warn me these would be so fiddly?

HALP.

This is going to need not one, but TWO tweezers:

JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Update! Finally got around to doing some more work.

Bent the track holders into shape, fixed them to the tank using superglue:

Painted them, applied some weathering, hung spare track links and C-hooks on them, which I glued into place:

Why hang the C-hooks on the track holder brackets? Well, why not? I'm sure they used those brackets for whatever they needed to back in the day.

I had some tiny chain that I cut into 12 pieces of about 4 cm ish long, got a 0.5mm stainless steel wire:

Painstakingly scratch built retainer pins by snipping a piece of steel wire, bending it into shape, hooking it into one end of a tiny chain:

Fiddliest thing I've ever done for a 1/16th scale model. Almost as fiddly as the 1/72 Nashorn I'm working on, on the side.

All 12 done. Phew. Now to prepare the spots to attach them to and carefully superglue them into place. I'm hoping superglue will suffice. Then to touch up their attachment, and presto:

Working retainer pins. The jerry cans are held only by the brackets and pins, and can be removed.

Ok, that's the JP itself done. Now to add some stowage. I can probably get that done within a few days at most.

I might even consider submitting this to TotM for February. Do y'all think it's worth submitting among such great machines as others are building?
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Love it, enter it for sure :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Beautiful :thumbup:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Admirable work with the mini pins and chains, Lert. :thumbup: There's nothing wrong with your hand/eye coordination. Nor your vision, for that matter :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Fantastic :clap:
Very tastefully done :clap:

I would enter it Mr Lert, especially as you may get into the winners gallery by default ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Lert what a wonderful job you've done congratulations on a job well done

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Completed!

Hans Panzermann in his element, with his PDW nearby:

Prerequisite ass shot:

Last edited by Lert on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi lert Very nice finishing touches with all the extras on rear deck and new camo. I should start looking for all the little stuff to dress up my tank. One question , sand blasting old paint away how did you manage that? :O

Return to “Heng Long Builds”