Accessoires Tiger1-King tiger

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
desmo16
Private

Accessoires Tiger1-King tiger

Post by desmo16 »

Hello everyone,
could you tell me how and where to install Tiger 1 late version and on the king tiger the antenna or antennas and fire extinguishers? I would like to install them on my tanks.
Thank you
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Accessoires Tiger1-King tiger

Post by jarndice »

The Tiger 1 engine bay is in 4 quarters,
The Fire Extinguisher is mounted on and across the Right Side Front quarter,
The Aerial is mounted 5 mm in front of the right side Front Quarter engine bay and 1 cm from the side of the body,
The Tiger 1 (Late) two piece Starting Handle is mounted beside the Radio Aerial,
The Tiger 1 (Early) one piece Starting Handle is mounted on the bottom right side of the rear panel.
Peddinhaus sell Decals for German Fire Extinguishers of WW2.
You can buy super detailed Fire Extinguishers or use the one with the Tank But which ever you choose you need to decide if you are going to fit aftermarket Photo-Etch Engine Grilles because the Grilles need to go on first and then the Extinguisher on top,
http://www.rctank.de
and
http://www.forgebeartanks.com
both sell radio aerials which are well detailed,
You need to drill a hole in the Tank body slightly smaller than the aerial base,
Smear a little Washing up Liquid on the rubber base of the Aerial and Push and Twist the Aerial into position.
Job Done.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
desmo16
Private

Post by desmo16 »

Hello, thank you very much for the info, very kind.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Try Google search 'King Tiger images' etc and see precisely where all the parts go. Far easier that way.

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Finding Plan views of WW2 Armour and views of Tank Endplates is very much like hard work.
I don't think I have ever seen more than 2 photographs of the plan view of an Early Tiger 1 showing the reversed Towropes or more than half a dozen of the Tiger 1 endplate showing the early double pot air cleaners or the rectangular Exhaust Shrouds,
And I have only seen one picture showing the early rear fenders of a Tiger 1.
Did you know you can date a Tiger 1 from the pattern of the track installation ropes on the side of a Tiger 1?
I would not rely on photographs to find out.
Research and time that's how you find these things out but unless you have a portfolio of photographs of every modification carried out on a particular Tank I would be very doubtful as to its veracity,
Have you ever seen how many different types of Tiger 1 turret stowage boxes there are?
And does each picture carry an accurate summary of what it depicts complete with dates?
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

There are thousands of photos available. You just have to use your eyes to match the details of your tank to the examples shown. Antenna and fire extinguishers are easy to then identify and correctly place. When you say early mk1s are 'across', in which orientation? A photo will tell you. I was simply trying to fill the gaps you left. As to your knowledge of Tiger 1 & 2, impressive!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The Google photographs would not help the builder of a Tiger 1 fitting a Fire Extinguisher if they did not know about Aftermarket Photo-Etch Engine cover grilles, or about Peddinghaus Decals for the Extinguishers Nor how to fit the "Tank Modellbau" Radio Aerials or where to buy them.
desmo16
Private

Post by desmo16 »

Hello everyone and good Sunday. I ordered this antenna for my king tiger:
http://www.aber.net.pl/detal,1386.html

I wanted to get some advice on assembling the antenna. thank you
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello,
Be careful ,it's a command tank antenna ? The rest will have to match to be historically consistent :(

Return to “General Questions”