ABE'S EARLY TIGER 1 BUILD

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Re: ABE'S EARLY TIGER 1 BUILD

Post by Abe Froman »

DavidByrden wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
2. The watertight plate that is moulded onto the hull...should it be flat..Achtung shows it raised on lungs...does anyone have a pic of the real thing on a tiger?
The news is not good.

David
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Hi all. This weekend I have been Working on the turret. The bin is mounted and I have replaced the Heng Long turret lifting points with the Tamiya parts. Next do do is the Aber brackets and the detail to the Smoke Launchers. Pics soon.

Take Care everyone

Derek
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Hi all, only been a year but I am back. How time flies when work gets in the way of your hobby.

I am thinking of toning down the tracks ( see page 7 of thread ). Any suggestions on a real world Tiger track colour?

BTW can we upload pics from a PC yet or do I still need a online photobucket type provider to upload from? If so any suggestions for good free ones?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Outstanding build thread! I’m working on my HL Tiger now and I have a question for you. I see that you eliminated the rear storage bin from the turret and covered the hole. I want to do this in order to add the early side pod bins but apparently the HL elevation unit protrudes through the rear of the turret and is hidden by the rear bin. Is this the case with your tank?
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Hi Jimster. I have removed the electronics and elevation parts as I am building a static. I did have to fill a hole though when I removed the bin so you could be right. If you are right and want to keep it RC then you may have a problem. I suggest you ask for help in a new thread, I am sure there are people that have encountered this problem already. Good luck with the search.

Drop by once in a while. I will go and search for your build thread.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thank you very much!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jimster wrote:Outstanding build thread! I’m working on my HL Tiger now and I have a question for you. I see that you eliminated the rear storage bin from the turret and covered the hole. I want to do this in order to add the early side pod bins but apparently the HL elevation unit protrudes through the rear of the turret and is hidden by the rear bin. Is this the case with your tank?
Have a look in my Fehrman Tiger build Mr Jimster, you can see what’s involved there.
A lot will depend on your electronics, if you change elevation units the new one will need to operated off different control systems.
Mechanically it’s not a big job, it’s restoring the functionality that’s the tougher bit.
I will check in on your build thread.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Looking at reference pictures and at the Aber and Voyager etch I have, the etch looks very thin for the brackets so it looks like I will have to use the etch for dimensions and scratch build from plastic sheet!!! ARSE!

I am not sure on the thickness of the top bar of the bracket, but I imagine its in the region of 12mm, so that would suggest styrene sheet thickness of 0.75mm. Anyone agree?

Tracks have been repainted and sanded on the guide horns for wear. They will be weathered but as this is a Snow Tiger there will be masses of snow crammed inbetween the treads. I am thinking of using micro balloos for the snow. Anyone used them?

Laters Dudes

D
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Tracks and real brackets
Attachments
My own photo of the Saumur Tiger 1 cable brackets in close-up.jpg
My own photo of the Saumur Tiger 1 cable brackets in close-up.jpg (32.92 KiB) Viewed 2993 times
20190118_125426_resized.jpg
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Hi Y'all

Is there any reference for the dimensions of the tool and cable brackets/clamps? I have mooched the net but found not a sausage.

And considering I am the Sausage King of Chicago....thats really annoying!

Return to “Heng Long Builds”