Tankzone

Had a bad experience with a vendor? Let us know right here.
Forum rules
One topic per vendor, use the search facility to check if a thread already exists for a vendor.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Tankzone

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Yes, I'm 99% sure it's the same company.

Over the three plus years I've been collecting RC tanks, I've looked at thousands of Amazon, eBay and vendor sales. And in that time, I've got used to spotting similarities between eBayers and companies. They have the same spelling mistakes, or the same incorrect listings/descriptions. TankZone and this eBayer doesn't seem to know there's a difference between Taigen and Torro when advertising one or the other. Plus similar descriptive writing between the two. Also, they are both in the same town, not large area, city or county, but a small town, too much of a coincidence for me ;)

One last thing, when buying online, PayPal is always a good option to pay, but if you used a credit card, you can make a claim with your card company :thumbup:

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

Cheers for the reply Mick,

I've just sent them a kind letter at the moment (what I call kind up what might come next) explaining what happened and the fact, after not getting one from Ebay off then bought one online from their website. So they weren't out of stock!

We will see what happens but certainly not buying off them again. I was considering a Mato M10 , funny how looking at it when you search the net the come up as the only place to get one and on Ebay too with the Clark board. All the others are unpainted with a standard board. I guess there goes my M10 I wanted getting destroyed and I will only have it on WOT now.
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

You could always write a begging letter to Dave at forgebear asking him if he can help get you a tank or kit :thumbup:

As for Clark boards, it's always safer to go to maxmekker, he can be found within the vendors list at the bottom of the forum board index page. Or try here.
I will always consider trying these vendors first before going anywhere else :thumbup:

Members - RC Tank Warfare
memberlist.php?mode=group&g=28

Oh, and good luck with your quest. Don't forget to make a report to eBay asap :thumbup:

And please keep us posted.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
essexbill
Private

Post by essexbill »

Son of a Gunner warned me about these 2 vendors saying that some members had had a bad experience.

I am new and glad that I sought some advice before purchasing .
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Because of my well documented problems with "Tankzone" when I was in the market for a "CLARK" Board I bought one from-----
www.heng-long-panzer.de/
Excellent service, This was before "Maxmekker" joined the Forum and should I be in the market for another "CLARK" Board he would be my first port of call.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

essexbill wrote:Son of a Gunner warned me about these 2 vendors saying that some members had had a bad experience.

I am new and glad that I sought some advice before purchasing .
To be fair, I also said some folks hadn't had problems with them.
And also that you could find the same products cheaper elsewhere ;)

Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:You could always write a begging letter to Dave at forgebear asking him if he can help get you a tank or kit :thumbup:

As for Clark boards, it's always safer to go to maxmekker
I'm buying a lot at the moment from Dave @Forgebear
and I dont get any joy anywhere I will. But I've got a IS2 on order so will wait a little time. In doi g a lot slowly at the moment. Plus I want a M10 Wolverine .

I'm in touch with Maxmekker and have ordered a TK40 for King Tiger off him. Next will probably be a TK40 T34 board from him.

No reply from TZ yet.
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm
davejay
Recruit

Post by davejay »

Hi all,
Just want to add a bit of balance to this. Kin at Tankzone is a genuinely nice guy and a diligent hard-working chap. I've just got back in to rc tanks after a short sabbatical. My last project was a Heng long Tiger 1 which virtually ended up being totally replaced with metal parts, the only original parts i used were the tracks, sprockets and idlers. Doing this cost me a small fortune as I'm sure most of you have visited that particular wormhole! I did source parts from different suppliers i.e Tankzone, Forgebear, Welshdragon and RC tank electronics, which basically all provided first class service. At times one supplier may of not had the part i was after whereas another did. It would be lovely to stay loyal to one supplier but then you risk starving yourself of parts for a project and also starving the supplier that is trying hard to run his/her business. If one supplier goes out of business because people choose to not do business with them it doesn't mean that the other suppliers pick up the slack by default which would leave us as buyers with less choice, less choice equals less projects and then our hobby slowly dwindles to a mere flicker.
So, with that I was on the hunt for a Panzer IV more or less upgraded to a reasonable point where I wouldn't run the risk of falling back into the aforementioned wormhole! I found what I wanted with the Torro unpainted metal pro version (wanted unpainted because I enjoy doing this myself!). The only UK supplier that had one at a good price was Kin at Tankzone. Now, did I choose to listen to some keyboard warriors or go with what I know?...........I went with what I know, I ordered the model and then re-read the posts and an element of doubt sunk in. The doubt needn't had been there. Ok, I didn't get an order confirmation etc and days past by, emails sent and thoughts of 'oh god what have I done'! Got an email back from Kin apologising for the delay but he had been busy taking elderly people etc to get vaccinated!
Kin then proceeded to send the tank via UPS at no extra cost to me.....sent on a Monday and with me on Tuesday. How good is that?
This to me is great service and a personal touch. It's the same with all our suppliers that we choose to buy from.......they need us and we need them.....we survive in our hobby because of them and they stay in business because in part of us. If we black them they wither to the point of extinction, we can't run that risk otherwise our hobby suffers.

So, don't black anyone unless they are in the business of 100% fraudulent activity. Just because a supplier makes a mistake doesn't mean we have to hang them!

I for one support all of our suppliers. Think twice before you decide to turn your back on someone just because of a few peoples bad experiences. Bad experiences always get voiced, fingers get pointed. Very rarely does good experiences get the same treatment. It should be an equal balance so that we can make balanced decisions. No one rides a see saw with nobody else on the other end. Even the scales of justice are balanced until they tip to a verdict of guilty of not.

We all need each other right here right now to keep our hobby alive, to keep our suppliers in business, to maintain our sanity in these crazy covid times.

Thanks for reading this elongated post!!
Tanks for the memory?
Snowwolflair
Private

Post by Snowwolflair »

Tankzone are currently suffering from shipping problems from Taiwan due to COVID (as will all suppliers not holding stock).
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

tomhugill wrote:
RobW wrote:I know! it's the exchange rate that's the problem, not your prices.

Just heard back from them, so hopefully Tom will have too.
Remember stians boards are programable and tank zones are not so will be slightly cheaper
I purchased a board from stain and though not yet installed into the tank I was very impressed with what I got in the way of service and the item, I needed a small board for the crusader, lacking a usable sound file what I got from stain was a tk60 I think with the engine of a Cromwell (close enough for me) with the 6pdr gun and so on
It’s your tank it’s what you make it

Return to “Vendors Blacklist”