Very late stug

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Very late stug

Post by AlwynTurner »

Already a beautiful build, can't wait to see this finished and weathered! :clap: :clap:

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Looking fantastic Tom. Cant wait to see what happens next
Tanks alot.... :wave:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Some more progress on the stug, started on a travel lock for the barel. Just needs the chain adding and a little tidy. The bracket is supposed to attach to the very front, but to allow the halves to separate I had to cut it short. Notek light and bracket added and the convoy light made up. I didn't used to add lights but it's a nice addition.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

Post by rolling-thunder »

That travel lock looks great and puts mine to shame.
Attachments
40558055_10217005825836217_442844903840415744_n.jpg
I am the Law!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

That travel lock is such a neat feature. You dont see them added very often. This is coming out brilliant.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Lo_Thar
Lance Corporal

Post by Lo_Thar »

Wow this stug is awsome! Greate job. Wait for the end
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Hey there, you once again did a fantastic and detail rich build. The sideskirt look straight forward and effective. I especially like you mg34 , is it working in any way?
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Pushing on to get the stug finished, last major piece is the tools. The only jack I had was from a tamiya panther, the length is about the same but there are a few differences so that went under the knife, changes to its main body, lengthening one end, adding grab handles in brass. Mounts are brass sheet with etch butterfly nuts. Hand tools all had their moulded clamps removed, where applicable 80 grit sandpaper paper is used to score a grain pattern in to give a wood effect when painting. More folded brass sheet for various holders, all attached to the tools along with the shapeways clamps. These will be painted separately and added later once the tanks painted. Lastly added the chain to the travel lock. It's going to be a paint with taking the top on and off so not sure how long it will survive!

Next up red oxide for the new bits and on to paint.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

Superb detailing and one of the reasons that I decided on a StuG III as my first tank.

Looking forward to the paint!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lo_Thar
Lance Corporal

Post by Lo_Thar »

Love it - its my favotite stug model now

Return to “Heng Long Builds”