New Mark 13 Centurion build commission FINISHED

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New Centurion build commission

Post by AlwynTurner »

Yep, the cunning plan is to have it complete by then so if you are there I can hand it over?

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

The barrel is done and just needs gorilla glueing together
The gorilla glue expands slightly in the bore like expanding foam giving a tight fit
The turret is now looking good apart from the grenade launchers - must print those next
Just finished wiring and mounting the turret turn motor

I'm on the last bits now, just have the side skirts to do and the recoil mechanism which is on it's way from Tankbear.

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I'm rapidly running out of workshop space and my workbench is a little crowded :crazy: 8O

Work on Tom's tank is reaching the final stage with just the grenade launchers (they've been printing for over 4 hours now), the side skirts, and the recoil mechanism which is awaiting parts. It should be good for delivery on Sunday.

Then it's back to the Maulier PZ42.

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Such beautiful work Alwyn. Simply brilliant :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks for the good words guys, regarding the idea of a kit, I hadn't really thought about it but I don't have an instruction manual and I'm so detail obsessed I want to see it put together 'just so'. I guess I could just sell it as a bare lower hull and a box of 3d printed parts but the cost wouldn't be much less than the built item as there is more than 80 hours 3d printing to create all the bits and I assemble as I'm waiting for the printing.

Maybe I'll give it some thought.

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

All done! Side skirts fitted and the last grenade launcher finished and fitted

All that remains is to assemble the recoil mechanism when it arrives and deliver it on Sunday! :D :D

Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Looks great! Really smart work, from design, to print, the build - well executed!
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

AlwynTurner wrote:All done! Side skirts fitted and the last grenade launcher finished and fitted

All that remains is to assemble the recoil mechanism when it arrives and deliver it on Sunday! :D :D

You've really bossed that Alwyn! I'm going to have to pull out all the stops finishing it to match that craftsmanship
rmichalbarna
Private

Post by rmichalbarna »

Pretty good job colleague, joy to watch!
http://www.mujtank.tym.cz

Model:Tatra 141 +p32 1/16
T34/85 1/16
Tiger 1 1/16
BMW R 12 sidecar 1/16
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Good God Mr Turner!!.............would you please stop assisting Mr Hugill into yet another TOTM entry :/ :/

Got to admit that for a post war version of an MBT, these things look wonderful.
I've Seen them in New Zealand in museums and recently in Australia, so a testament to the widespread use.
Brilliant work.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Modern Builds”