My Tiger Tank Project

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
DymondTank
Lance Corporal

Re: My Tiger Tank Project

Post by DymondTank »

Yeah I had that heng long tiger 1 , when I first started out . Yeah especially you add character to the wear and tear . Good hobby to take up . Im sure there is plenty of enjoyment to come .
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

You can add a smear of clear yellow over the headlight bulbs to soften that brightness.
Lighting back in the day was very yellow looking compared to today’s offerings.
A fine brush they the slot should do it
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks, Herman. I’ll try that.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I have a decision to make about which decal set to use. I really like the big Mammoth decal that goes on the rear of the turret but the tank number 100 had side turret cargo boxes and no side skirt armor so it would be very incorrect. I may end end up using the number 302 set. Both tanks are early versions from the 502nd and were at Leningrad which is cool. I’m not sure how most folks feel about modeling inaccurate tank markings.
I’m also waiting on metal detail parts from Forgebear but I went ahead and added small chains on the back of the filter boxes that apparently kept the round caps from getting lost during maintenance. I’m having a great time with this new hobby and took it outside today for some backyard maneuvers. Thanks for checking in.
Attachments
8AC708E8-7FD9-43EF-A4D2-E8D25A4A0211.jpeg
C85B34A7-9A84-492A-A5E4-223C932640C4.jpeg
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Being inspired by fellow member pvt. pyle I’ve ordered a Taigen metal hull with the 5:1 gear boxes from Forgebear. I love the addition of the sturdy metal, the awesome looking torsion bar system and the new gears. This tank is starting to consume 100% of my hobby time. I’m not complaining.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thank you, Wardog! I’m sure I’ll do another tank but this is all new to me so far and very overwhelming with all the detail goodies available. Almost makes my head spin.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Today I received the etched brass engine cover grills (thanks to Herman Bix for the subtle suggestion). Do I simply glue these on top of the deck? Sounds too easy.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Excellent video. Pretty much just as I thought. Thank you.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

That guy that ‘grilled ‘ you about grilles was Mr Jarndice !
Yes, they go over the top ov the armoured hatches. Super glue on the plastics then lay the mesh in place.
Best to lightly sand the contact area first.
Once secure and dry, use the round end of a pencil to depress the flat mesh into the louvers below for a better look of foot traffic and suchlike.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thank you and my apologies.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”