New heng long Tiger 3818

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: New heng long Tiger 3818

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I had a similar thing where the shoulder of the screw had indented the plastic where it mounts into the hull, because the factory fitter had forgotten to add a little washer between the shoulder of the screw and the hull. Also my king tiger suffered a similar problem where the screw wasn't fitted square.

If you haven't got the washer fitted that side I would recommend getting one and fitting it. And if the idler still doesn't spin freely, I would then do what captain midnight suggested and file the idler a little on the inside, a very little at a time till it spins freely.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
gcav17
Recruit

Post by gcav17 »

This is the model I have. I think I will have to disassemble the thing. Tracks first then probably the body. Got some youtube to watch now.Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
gcav17
Recruit

Post by gcav17 »

And here are some photos of the bad idler. If something is obvious let me now. ImageImageImage

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Well, it looks like you have a washer, although it looks bigger than mine. But is the hole small enough? In other words, does it fit the threaded portion correctly, or is the hole in the washer big enough to go on the fatter axle portion?

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
gcav17
Recruit

Post by gcav17 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Well, it looks like you have a washer, although it looks bigger than mine. But is the hole small enough? In other words, does it fit the threaded portion correctly, or is the hole in the washer big enough to go on the fatter axle portion?
I see what you mean. It's just hanging there isn't it?

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

It looks like they could have put on a washer that was too big. The washer should correctly fit the threaded portion.

gcav17
Recruit

Post by gcav17 »

Funny. It's all brand new. Outta the box. Less than five minutes run time.

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

What's the other side look like?

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

LOL, these are cheaply made, that's why they are such fun, spend a lot of time fixing them. And the factory workers don't always notice they have the odd wrong sized washer, or forgot to put it on at all.

Look at this, my king tiger where the screw wasn't in straight. That's how I got it.

gcav17
Recruit

Post by gcav17 »

Here is the other side. I did screw that idler back in but it made no difference. The idler is stuck to the screw. Now the question is how far to disassemble it.Image

Return to “General Questions”