New Mark 13 Centurion build commission FINISHED

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

New Mark 13 Centurion build commission FINISHED

Post by AlwynTurner »

Well back from the life of idleness and sun/sand/beer I now have to catch up with my build requests.

When I built the Centurion prototype I was requested to build another for a forum member, but decided to iron out the bugs and errors in the prototype build first, and now have no excuses so here we go

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: New Centurion build commission

Post by wibblywobbly »

Looking very nice Alwyn, I just wish that we could print gearboxes! :clap:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I shall be following closely ;)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

'Sun, sand, and beer'.. :D Yes, that sounds idyllic. Here it's like Cloud, shingle lochside, and tepid tea. Nonetheless, I shall draw up a comfy chair and follow your progress with great interest, as ever, Alwyn :thumbup:
I had thought of trying to get the Tamiya 1:25 Centurion as a prelude (and study) for the Ludwig kit.....but, yours is looking very tempting :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

The Ludwig kit is actually a fabulous thing but it was way out of my price bracket. I costed it all up and stopped counting at 800 euros! That was one reason that I built my own using cheaper components. The tracks on my build for example are trimmed down KV1 plastic tracks at 16 quid a set. The Ludwigs end result however is country miles ahead of mine in quality.

Alwyn

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

AlwynTurner wrote:The Ludwig kit is actually a fabulous thing but it was way out of my price bracket. I costed it all up and stopped counting at 800 euros! That was one reason that I built my own using cheaper components. The tracks on my build for example are trimmed down KV1 plastic tracks at 16 quid a set. The Ludwigs end result however is country miles ahead of mine in quality.

Alwyn
I think you're doing yourself a great disservice there Alwyn!
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I am currently building the Ludwigs one for a friend. It is not very user friendly and the cost is obscene.

Look forward to Tom’s new tank ;D
DymondTank
Lance Corporal

Post by DymondTank »

Looking good . I bet after putting it together it will look awesome .
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

For anyone who missed the prototype, here is the build thread
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25518
Alwyn

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

AlwynTurner wrote:The Ludwig kit is actually a fabulous thing but it was way out of my price bracket. I costed it all up and stopped counting at 800 euros! That was one reason that I built my own using cheaper components. The tracks on my build for example are trimmed down KV1 plastic tracks at 16 quid a set. The Ludwigs end result however is country miles ahead of mine in quality.

Alwyn
I agree with Tom, Alwyn in that you're doing yourself a disservice. A real disservice.
As for Chris' kit, I would have only been able to afford the starter pack (and then at a massive, massive pinch :| ).. and then somehow improvised the rest. But I still have a yen to get his basic Comet kit. (The bells without the whistles... :D )
The Tamiya 1:25 (with motors) is hard to track down, but I've seen the static version, with all the engine and other internals some modeller's love, for around £67 on emodels.co.uk
For someone unable to manage a Ludwig model, and not having your skill level (moi), that might be an option for upgrading. :thumbup: It's also almost 15in long, and that should be plenty of room to fit basic electrical gear.
Meantime, you're likely to make a real corker here. Extra advance orders yet? :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Modern Builds”