Hello from london!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Hello from london!

Post by General Jumbo01 »

As I've posted elsewhere, the Bruder low loaders are easily modified. The 3 axle model is occasionally available on EBay and with some cutting n shutting plus some strengthening you can get a 2 and a 4 axle example from a pair of 3 axle examples.

You can automate both the legs and the ramps with servos. You can also change the wheels but the supplied ones look and work well with just some light weathering.

Good luck with a modern 8x8 tractor unit. I saw a great non-military example the Tamiya Truck guys were running at the Shoeburyness exhibition a couple of weeks ago.Image

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Mishka
Recruit

Post by Mishka »

I have a feeling "one" of those Bruder's will end up added to the collection soon, currently got two WPL B36's on the way (one kit, one RTR) for me to start modding and the second......until i need bits from it a bit of a toy :D

End model I have wont be something that would a trailer (historically anyway) so guess that means I just HAVE to make 2 8x8's.......that is how it works right?
Slightly crazy Londoner, fondness for motorbikes (driving them), Tanks (admiring them) and Trucks (wanting to own them)
General Jumbo01

Unfortunately the WPL/etc model trucks are 1/16 scale and far too 'flimsy' to pull a tank on a low loader so you'll need to think Tamiya for a tractor unit. Lesu make 8x8 chassis rails and extra powered front axles to help you. Take a look on the Scale Trucks retail site, Orpington based but not a shop :(
Mishka
Recruit

Post by Mishka »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Unfortunately the WPL/etc model trucks are 1/16 scale and far too 'flimsy' to pull a tank on a low loader so you'll need to think Tamiya for a tractor unit. Lesu make 8x8 chassis rails and extra powered front axles to help you. Take a look on the Scale Trucks retail site, Orpington based but not a shop :(
Any idea what to search for to find them? googling wasnt finding results and yea the WPL as stock seem a bit weak though that is expected for £40 but with upgraded electronics, stronger motor, the 2 speed gearbox it might not annihilate itself/
Slightly crazy Londoner, fondness for motorbikes (driving them), Tanks (admiring them) and Trucks (wanting to own them)
General Jumbo01

I have done all of those mods and more and they are much improved for it as a stand alone small army truck but they are not fit to haul a heavy low loader and a super heavy tank. I can't think of any budget solution - Tamiya have a monopoly on the heavy truck market.

I guess the one alternative is to scratch build your own. It still won't be cheap but you can more than halve the cost by using little known Chinese manufactured items direct from retailers like Banggood.com (others exist). At least there'll be no import duty to pay if all components are sourced separately.

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk

Return to “Introduce Yourself”