Hello from london!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Mishka
Recruit

Hello from london!

Post by Mishka »

Hello from London!.

Was into the RC tank stuff many many years ago.......10-12, had a (still do somewhere) Heng Long Tiger with the original El-Mod physics setup in it.

Looking to get back into this mostly as a modelling thing but also because RC toys are always fun, also quite into photography and motorbike stuff.
Slightly crazy Londoner, fondness for motorbikes (driving them), Tanks (admiring them) and Trucks (wanting to own them)
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Hello from london!

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mishka :wave:

I too love bikes (Although in my past now) and photography, although not the type of models I can post here ;)

I hope you get plenty of inspiration from our forum for future builds.

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Hi Mishka, as an ex-Londoner you have my sympathies! No, it's a great place. Any tank groups locally?
GJ

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Mishka
Recruit

Post by Mishka »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Hi Mishka, as an ex-Londoner you have my sympathies! No, it's a great place. Any tank groups locally?
GJ

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Not a clue to be honest re local groups, just remember this place from years and years ago n saw you had the truck section which I will be hanging around a fair bit, Intend to make an 8x8 vehicle (not a tatra....not at first anyway) which will be something as far as I know different and unusual, still forming the plans in my head.
Slightly crazy Londoner, fondness for motorbikes (driving them), Tanks (admiring them) and Trucks (wanting to own them)
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I've been forming the plans in my head to convert this to 8x8

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Mishka
Recruit

Post by Mishka »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:I've been forming the plans in my head to convert this to 8x8

is that one of the Bruder ones? saw some posts mentioning them, are they roughly 1:16 then?
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Welcome along!

Bruder are 1/16 I think. Tamiya do 1/14 which is comparable.

We run a tank club/meeting in Tunbridge Wells every few months and the next one due in January.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Yes, it is a Bruder, but I don't think you can obtain the 8 wheel ones anymore, or that length of trailer.

Mishka
Recruit

Post by Mishka »

Ad Lav wrote:Welcome along!

Bruder are 1/16 I think. Tamiya do 1/14 which is comparable.

We run a tank club/meeting in Tunbridge Wells every few months and the next one due in January.
Will have to let you know how I feel closer to time :) am not hugely well atm
Son of a gun-ner wrote:Yes, it is a Bruder, but I don't think you can obtain the 8 wheel ones anymore, or that length of trailer.
An interesting, getting one for a trailer to modify the hell out of could be interesting though especially if making a Tatra 8x8 as they would haul tanks about
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome back into the addicted fold, Mishka (... a relapse? :lolno:). Hope you feel better soon.
A tank build, whether static or RC, is always a good distraction, I find, unless it has left the financial coffers completely empty... :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”