Power supply for our village…

43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Power supply for our village…

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Demonstrating the artisan skills we have become accustomed to seeing from you, Hotte :clap: :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

That looks amazing. The battlefield in view just looks great. Bet that be great fun watching a mock battle taking place there
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Great work, very inspiring :)
hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

Many thanks men! :thumbup:
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Tiger I early (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

The thinking is allowed to all people, but many are spared. (Curt Goetz 1888-1960)
hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

Many thanks men! :thumbup:
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

The thinking is allowed to all people, but many are spared. (Curt Goetz 1888-1960)
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Wardog wrote:All looks good hotte,are you planning to run any power supply in your village.
Sound smoke lights ect,i have genuine interest.good work :thumbup:
To be honest, that would be asking for trouble adding overhead power cables/wires to power up any type of effects in other buildings with RC tanks etc possibly crashing into the poles.

One only has to look at the damage some buildings pick up at club meets to see how this could be more of a pain that could need constant repairs.

A hidden cable/wires on the ground or batteries in the buildings would be better.

If you didn't want to use batteries. Make a box with lots of mono Jack plug sockets connected to a suitable power supply hidden in a central building, then run pond flex to each of the other buildings. The other buildings could also have a mono Jack plug socket installed, or have a suitably long enough cable hard wired in. Then it's only a case of setting up, plugging in and disguising the cables if you want to. Obviously one would have to fit mono Jack plugs to the lengths of cable.

I would advise using quarter inch Jack plugs and sockets, they are more robust and don't cost the earth.

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

It's evolving really well, Hotte! I like many features in your battleground, but the standout feature (in more ways than one ) is the hill, with the bushes and shrubs. That will be a really hard hill to 'take': the tough Highground that dominates the landscape.:lolno: :D You'll need some MG nests up there, and a hidden bunker, maybe. :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

Hotte, I think I should copy your idea... :{ it would fit perfectly on one determined spot of our panzodrom... ;D
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

Wardog wrote:All looks good hotte,are you planning to run any power supply in your village.
Sound smoke lights ect,i have genuine interest.good work :thumbup:
Hi Wardog,

sorry for my late answer. The place where all our buildings were used is an outdoor battle field. The most of our buildings and diorama parts were placed before we start our meet and thereafter will all parts placed in our container. Otherwise it could be, that the buildings receive legs.
A power supply is in principle possible, but in my opinion not as overhead line; this should stay a dummy. The Danger of a short circuit is good possible. But with underground cables should it go; at each point from bottom into the buildings.
Our idea contains a own power supply for each building with effects as light, smoke or sound.
Every year in summer we have an meet, called operation sunset. There we meet us in the evening for a night drive. The best meet to show all our effects. And for only one day such a expenditure; I think we go the right way.
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:It's evolving really well, Hotte! I like many features in your battleground, but the standout feature (in more ways than one ) is the hill, with the bushes and shrubs. That will be a really hard hill to 'take': the tough Highground that dominates the landscape.:lolno: :D You'll need some MG nests up there, and a hidden bunker, maybe. :think:
Hi 43rdRecceReg,

many thanks for your statement to our battle field. We have our place now since two years and in the first year we had hard to fight. Not with our tanks, with trees, bushes and weeds. It had something from an jungle. Surely will in the next years the one or other building added and also bunkers, trenches and antiaircraft canons. Ideas are present, we need time to realize them.

Greetings from Berlin in the Scottish Highlands
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

Return to “Battlefield Buildings”