Rollcall- Unfinished tank projects

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Rollcall- Unfinished tank projects

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi 43rd. I still have not finished not even one of my toys. As you said, there is always something to add, something to do.
Regarding your tamiya Panzer IV questions. I have one, and I sold the crappy tamiya electronics and fitted one Elmod fusion pro that I had at home. I installed a xenon taigen flasher and works very good. No aftermarket tank electronics can trigger the tamiya flash unit... But there are alternatives.

In other tanks I have just a 3mm or a 5mm led inside the barrel, depending of the barrel thickness.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Take your pick Roy :D this is half of the view of my loft/attic ( used to be a spare bedroom ) and there's still about half a dozen more stored away in cupboards boxes etc :/

Cheers, Lee. Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
:O :O :O :haha:
And I thought that our Gary had the model-acquisition bug worse than anybody else, Lee. :haha: One thing's for sure, the NHS doesn't provide a seasonal jab to deal with this sort of infection; but you can get counselling services with a bit of luck. :D
I see that you've made some good progress with the Cromwell, that's lurking in the foreground. It almost brings a tear to the eye; all those orphaned models, just crying out for attention. (Like Oliver): " Just one more dab o' glue, Guv..please!'.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Don't bother with the counseling, it doesn't work. I went to three different counselors to try and beat my RC addiction but all that happened was the counselors got addicted. @)

Just motor on, Bro, motor on. 8) :haha: :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

The unbuilt model reserve... I don't know how many there are. But when I start something, I always finish it so I do not have any "unfinished project"... really.
cave
cave
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

I'll get around to doing them all one day Roy I promise :{ there's still a little bit left to finish on the Cromwell but it's at the top of my to do list so hopefully it will be up and running before too long :/ .... :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Last edited by Model Builder 4 on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:Hi 43rd. I still have not finished not even one of my toys. As you said, there is always something to add, something to do.
Regarding your tamiya Panzer IV questions. I have one, and I sold the crappy tamiya electronics and fitted one Elmod fusion pro that I had at home. I installed a xenon taigen flasher and works very good. No aftermarket tank electronics can trigger the tamiya flash unit... But there are alternatives.

In other tanks I have just a 3mm or a 5mm led inside the barrel, depending of the barrel thickness.
Good advice on the Elmod option, Rad. Thanks for that. :thumbup: I have a couple of Taigen xenon flashers lurking somewhere in my burgeoning collection of spares.
As an incidental, I prefer to refer to my models as, well, 'models'. 'Toy' suggests that the collector has yet to 'grow up', and whilst I personally admit to a modicum of immaturity in these- my 'twilight' years, I would never admit to playing with 'Toys'. :lolno: :haha:
As an afterthought, I think the English 'Toy' (Aussprache: 'Teu') comes from the same root as the German 'Zeug'..as in Spielzeug'. :think: But then, the very basis of English is still German..
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

" But then, the very basis of English is still German..[/quote]
With a modicum of Dutch, French, Indian, (Think of Khaki, Cha and lots more ) Malay (Think of Amok)and wherever else we colonised. :haha: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

lmcq11 wrote:The unbuilt model reserve... I don't know how many there are. But when I start something, I always finish it so I do not have any "unfinished project"... really.
Capture10.JPG
Sacre Bleu :O :O .. !!! For a moment I thought that this must be a snap of the Heng Long factory, Louis!!. Whilst I appreciate the distinction between ''Unbuilt' and "Unfinished', with the unprecedented eye--popping backlogs emerging here, the effect is much the same: not enough time; not enough space, and not enough long-suffering, tolerant partners. :haha:
Thanks, Louis for the window into your mind-boggling storeroom. Thanks also for the amazing models you have completed, and exhibited, here :clap:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Well it’s not a long list but a time consuming one!

Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV

M26 Dragon wagon and trailer

Hybrid Firefly

M4A1E8
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:" But then, the very basis of English is still German..
With a modicum of Dutch, French, Indian, (Think of Khaki, Cha and lots more ) Malay (Think of Amok)and wherever else we colonised. :haha: :haha:[/quote]

'Yes, Shaun, we have thousands upon thousands of loan words.' But, all the words in the preceding sentence are Germanic in origin. I read somewhere, that Churchill's most effective speeches were deliberately peppered with
words of a purely Germanic origin, because he believed they sounded better in warlike statements, than words of latin origin. " We shall fight them on the beaches"., and so on.
Another Germanic language, Norse, replaced or sidelined many related Anglo-Saxon words, but also made a significant contribution to the fundamentals of English. Thus the Sky used to be 'Loft' (as in Lofty, aloft etc., see -Ger: 'Luft' as well as 'Helm"/Himmel for heaven) and became 'Sky'- a word of Norse origin. It is possible to write an entire book in words of only Anglo-Saxon origin, (I've seen examples of it done) but it makes for an exceedingly boring read. :haha: :yawn:
The same cannot be achieved with loan words only (French, Latin etc..), because English grammar is still Germanic, and all the key verbs; prepositions (From, with, for, up, over, under etc.,) and other sentence building blocks are still rooted in German. Dutch didn't really make a direct contribution, as such, because English and Dutch are classified as 'Low German' languages and are already closely related, such that many words were already shared.
'Now, having taken a side road, I shall come back to the thread'. Again, the preceding sentence is Germanic. 'Take', from Norse, gradually replaced the Saxon 'Nim' (see- Ger: Nehmen- To Take)- and left it purely as an obscure game. But the term is still in the dictionary :wave: :wave:

Return to “Show Off”