Rollcall- Unfinished tank projects

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Rollcall- Unfinished tank projects

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I'm sure this will be a familiar theme to many members here. :problem: :haha: There's just too much temptation out there, and too little patience :problem: :haha:
These are my current unfinished Tank projects, and space is needed for more.
They're in various stages of completion, or incompletion, so to speak. :) Even then, for some of us a tank is rarely finished to the 'definitive' version level. There's always that wee nagging tank- tinkerer- spirit behind us, driving us on to add that extra detail. Don't forget to click on the pics to enLARGE them.
:|
Rollcall of unfinished Tank projects..
Rollcall of unfinished Tank projects..
These are (l-R): StuG3 (HL and Taigen Hybrid); Tamiya Panzer IV; Asiatam/Taigen StuG IV; Cromwell Mk IV; Sherman Firefly and a Tamiya Panther Ausf, G.
Rollcall- Taigen Stug 3 and Tamiya Panzer IV Ausf.J
Rollcall- Taigen Stug 3 and Tamiya Panzer IV Ausf.J
The Pz IV has appeared in my thread on building a Pz IV. It's largely finished, but sits in a basecoat of dunkelgelb, awaiting something a little more 'definitive' for an Ausf. J. If you've seen the current prices of Tamita electronic internals (almost £400 for the pair of DMD/MFU units the tank needs.); you'll appreciate why it's also currently static. I've almost decided to fit the Elmod Fusion Pro to it, at nearly half the price. The only reservation I have there is that the Elmod can't fire the Pz IV's xenon barrel flash. Hmm. I think I'll improvise with a 3mm red LED. I'm sure that's a viable alternative.? Anybody tried that?
The StuG 3, well, you have to have one, don't you? This one had a duff barrel elevation unit when it arrived; but more on that at another time.
Rollcall-  Tamiya Pz IV and Asiatam StuG IV
Rollcall- Tamiya Pz IV and Asiatam StuG IV
The StuG IV has been semi-cursed right from the start. The upper hull was warped, the lower (alloy chassis)..well, suffice to say- without recourse to expletives- that nothing fitted in the way it should.
Still, it's beginning to look like it should; but I'm having to improvise a recoil arrangement for the cannon, since this combo is maddeningly resistant to standard components. :-<
Rollcall- Cromwell Mk IV; Sherman Firefly and Tamiya Panther Ausf. G.
Rollcall- Cromwell Mk IV; Sherman Firefly and Tamiya Panther Ausf. G.
Cromwell and Sherman Firefly upper Hull
Cromwell and Sherman Firefly upper Hull
The Cromwell was nearly a runner, using a Clarke T60 unit with sounds magicked into it by Stian, but stiffness in the right hand running gear needs sorting before I let it try to ruin the Clarke board again. 8|
It also requires cosmetic finishing, and a brace of parts (MG support and Coaxial MG refitting)
The Sherman Firefly? Well..I began it. That's about it. Eventually it will sit on a donor chassis.
But it won't be the Pz 3 chassis it's sitting on here :D That would make it a Shpanzer.
Rollcall- Cromwell Mk IV and Sherman Firefly
Rollcall- Cromwell Mk IV and Sherman Firefly
The Tamiya Panther is the most complete, and actually works as it should. It just needs some finishing on the camo, a wee bit of ageing (something I could do without ), and some regimental markings
Rollcall- Cromwell Firefly and Tamiya Panther
Rollcall- Cromwell Firefly and Tamiya Panther
OK. Now this is YOUR opportunity to reveal the sorry, and lamentably unfinished, state of prized elements in your collection.. :lolno: Go on!! Do let's see 'em
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Rollcall- Unfinished tank projects

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Very nice collection Roy no matter what state of finish they are in :D I think as modellers it's in our nature to be surrounded by half finished builds :haha: embarrassingly I'm in the same position myself of having far to many builds on the go :/ never mind it'll give me something to do over the winter or maybe the next two or three :crazy:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Very nice collection Roy no matter what state of finish they are in :D I think as modellers it's in our nature to be surrounded by half finished builds :haha: embarrassingly I'm in the same position myself of having far to many builds on the go :/ never mind it'll give me something to do over the winter or maybe the next two or three :crazy:

Cheers, Lee.
Thanks, Lee; but DO send some of the ones you'd like to finish, if you only had:
a. the Time
b. Sufficient folding stuff
c. A partner who doesn't keep an eye on your expenditure, and those large parcels you intercept outside the house..
d. Any idea of what you're doing, and what it's all for... :D (I'm sure we've all asked ourselves questions like that :lolno: )
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Wardog wrote:Not going to send you a picture of a box a plan box .Covered with dust and flyshit on one corner.
Think it's a 3 or 4 panzer cannot remember!

Wardog
Don't be so modest, Wardog! Even with the flyshit, it could still make for a post-modern work of art, if Tracy Emin's underwear is anything to go by! :haha: Do send it anyway.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
43rd R&R, Calling out the issues you face is sometimes exactly the impetus needed to get you moving on resolving them again. My current slack is sort of beyond my control. I finally rounded up the dosh to afford the 3D printed exhaust deflectors for the 1/6 Stuart but then I got sidelined with deductibles needed for surgery on both my eyes. The left eye is done and on the mend but now my vision is mismatched and will be until the 8th of December when the right eye is done. Then another 30 days of eye drops in that eye. Sheesh! It will all be worth it when I don't have to wear cheaters to work on models. Like you I have so much that needs doing, 'In The Mood's new airgun and speaker, a JJRC Q60 truck that needs detailing and lights along with a WPL Gaz truck that needs the same, two M16 Halftracks, a King Tiger Porsche turreted version and a Panther G that need new lowers and that's not even starting on the five RC tanks that are in boxes waiting to be built!!!...or the Stuart..... Time to hurry up and wait. This eye thing really threw off my build schedule this Autumn but it had to be dealt with, could not put it off any longer. ( the 1/72 scale KV-1 I built before the first procedure really demonstrated how bad it had gotten, was no fun at all )
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Ready to go on the Hauler
Ready to go on the Hauler
Awaiting rebuilds...
Awaiting rebuilds...
A runner more than a looker, the years have only added to this giant tank's physical impact when viewed up close
A runner more than a looker, the years have only added to this giant tank's physical impact when viewed up close
A sample of the outpouring of model largesse from Sassgrunt.  The 1 15 Aihara metal halftrack will be a complete build on its own.
A sample of the outpouring of model largesse from Sassgrunt. The 1 15 Aihara metal halftrack will be a complete build on its own.
Always room for improvement tho'  ;o)
Always room for improvement tho' ;o)
1980 GAZ-66
1980 GAZ-66
Assembled this evening after an overnight cure for the painted parts.
Assembled this evening after an overnight cure for the painted parts.
New Largesse from MaxMekker
New Largesse from MaxMekker
Brand new MATO Airsoft Unit
Brand new MATO Airsoft Unit
...more progress...
...more progress...
...Here for the Dawn...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I don't think I have a single tank, truck, halftrack or anything that's truly finished. The M35 FPV truck is probably the closest. If I were to make a video of all the unfinished projects it would take a year, and then there's all these 1/32 aircraft kits I have that are waiting to be built.

Wait, my favorite airsoft Tiger is finished, if you don't count the repair it's still waiting for. Having a little trouble with the airsoft barrel recoil in it. Here it is providing the music and voices for the 332. Yeah, you guys have seen this one before, but a stroll down memory lane can be fun sometimes and it's only 45 seconds. @)

phpBB [video]

But if it's photos you want, give me a minute. Ah'll Be Back.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I'm back. You sure you're ready for this? Now that I see them all together like this I feel pretty guilty. I guess I better get my ass to work, eh?

I seriously doubt I'll live long enough to finish them all, but I'll give it the old college try. :haha: :thumbup: :wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Thanks, Painless and Gary! I hope the peepers give you all the clarity you need, Painless, for all that discomfort. I know how much I'd like to stop reaching for magnifying glasses, Lupes,. the bifocals, and the latest gadget: my illuminated magnifying glass! Suffice to say, I shall enjoy watching you resolve your knotty Modelling problems here on the Forum, and doubtless borrow a few solutions too!
Gary, what can I say? You've enough things to assemble there to require a minimum centenarian status in later life, :O and then some (as you Yanks are apt to say! It's lucky for you that cats aren't overly demanding from the interaction point of view. :D
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:It's lucky for you that cats aren't overly demanding from the interaction point of view. :D
Not so sure about that one, Roy, but you're right I'll have to live a very long time to build all that. Or win the lottery and build full time for a year or two. :haha: :haha:

Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Take your pick Roy :D this is half of the view of my loft/attic ( used to be a spare bedroom ) and there's still about half a dozen more stored away in cupboards boxes etc :/

Cheers, Lee. Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:

Return to “Show Off”