Sergeant

Re: Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Post by Jussek »

The other two

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

good evening sirs

since the meeting i've been doing work at my man's cave. I've gathered almost all the german figures and i have been preparing them to be glued in all the positions we have. that is, glueing equipment, painting some, modifying others, interchanging heads and body parts, and repainting all the 'green' helmets. As most of our figures are from the 21st CT brand, the packs of helmets we bought years ago were those with the clothing cover, without cloth cover we have not too many, all from Dragon. Some time ago I painted a part of the helmets camouflaged, but the ones carried by the figures with green uniforms i wrongly painted them green... but the helmet covers, as far as i know, were camo or mouse grey. So i repainted all the greens to mouse grey... all the lot of them! :crazy:

i've yet to paint 12 more helmets for the camouflaged soldiers...

here you are the main body of gun crews who will populate the panzodrom ;D

and then started to fill the first positions, the six mg-feuerstellung. I do not have pics of all of them, of course all have different figures and the layout of the components differ, but all are very similar.

next phase, to prepare the 15cm sFH18 guns dio...

best regards chaps!
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

8O That is a lot of figures!

You are now giving me very bad and very expensive ideas @)
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

Tiger6 wrote:8O That is a lot of figures!

You are now giving me very bad and very expensive ideas @)
LOL, yes mate! and there are not all the ones we have in the photos ...we have been collecting them for years. They were not too expensive some years ago. The Dragon ones, the better for my taste, I paid them between 3 and 6€ each, if you try to buy them now... :crazy:

and the 21st CT were quite cheaper even.

best regards
Jussek

Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

I hear you, I stocked up many years ago before I came home from a work asignment in the USA - I stopped counting at $3000, but I'm sure it was closer to $5000 by the time I was done 8O
To buy that same collection now 8 years later would be mind blowingly expensive :crazy:
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

To add - Your use of corrugated cardboard for lining the trench is genius, I’ve been saving bamboo BBQ sticks for years thinking about doing something similar, but you’ve made the cardboard work far better than I thought it could :clap: :clap:
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

thanks mate!

the cardboard is trying to simulate corrugated iron sheets, but i've only used it in these mg nests, on the rest of positions i've decided myself to wood planks, they look better to me

best regards
Jussek

wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

In all these years I don't think I have seen so many soldiers in one place before! 8O
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

At least now we all know why the market has spiked for these figures...................they are all in Spain :haha: :haha: !!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hello chaps

finally, today i call the battery of two 15cm sFH18's emplacements to be finished :crazy:

in this case, the guns and their carriages will be stored and will travel separately, on her own box. As they are towable they cannot be fixed in any way to the scene's base, not to say it would be a huge piece to be stored! the bases as i made them are 36x55 cm, so figure if i put the guns too!

so i made with a 3cm thick extruded polystyrene plate, and by die cutting it, so the guns could be placed securely to be transported

here you are the guns on her box and the scenes with all the stuff already glued: figures, ammo, ammo boxes, ammo canisters, expenden cartridges, etc...

with the guns in place, i've tried to use slightly different layouts

that's all for today sirs

in the next phase i will 'populate' the six 8,8cm FlaK 36... a lot of work there! :crazy:

best regards and thanks for watching!
Jussek

Return to “Battlefield Construction”