Munster Pz IV Ausf.G walkaround

Any events that you have been to or want to tell about? If so post them here. Clubs and RC Organisations can advertise there upcoming events here.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Munster Pz IV Ausf.G walkaround

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:I am a fair way through a PZ4 "E" and an "H",
I was reluctant to build a Schurzen "H" or "J" but I got hold of the proper Tamiya sprue with the Turret Schurzen and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was and after a few judiciously pin viced holes in the turret roof it fitted without any snags and certainly looks the part,
At the same Time using a combination of a Heng Long Metal Cupola and the bits from the Tamiya sprue I made up a late one piece cupola with the one piece hatch and found a nice aerial holder on Hagens site for fitting to the rear left flank of the body,
I bought an aerial from Dave and with a smear of washing up liquid on the rubber base of the aerial I pushed and twisted at the same time and a perfect fit.
Now I am detailing the body such as cutting off the front and rear fenders and fitting working hinged ones COMPLETE with SPRINGS :haha: :haha: ,
Because all the hatches are now metal I fitted Neo-Dymion Magnets to secure the Body to the Hull,
Next comes the wiring.
Onward and upward.
Another work of art Shaun, I expect, judging by your detailed description, and obvious glee. I have no difficulty in picturing it ;) :thumbup: Incidentally, your mention of the Tamiya sprue reminds me that I have the full Tamiya 'D' sprue kit for the Jagdpanzer (Lang). Should anyone fancy converting the base of their beloved Pz IV into a Jagdpanzer chassis, replete with Tamiya detail, just let me know. I bought the sprue in error from the AAF museum in the US. They normally retail there for around $58; but I would be open to offers, so long as any deal goes through Paypal. :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Great photos and looks a great museum to visit!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Ad Lav wrote:Great photos and looks a great museum to visit!
Thanks, Adam. Yes, it's packed with an impressive array of armour, and arranged in a neat-ish chronological order much like the main hall array at Bovington. It's well worth a visit.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I find it interesting that the Afrika Korp Palm Tree on the PZ4 carries the banned NSDAP symbol yet Peddinghaus have to make their decals of the Afrika Corp marking in a jig-saw that users of the decal have to slide together to avoid any legal problems in Germany.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:I find it interesting that the Afrika Korp Palm Tree on the PZ4 carries the banned NSDAP symbol yet Peddinghaus have to make their decals of the Afrika Corp marking in a jig-saw that users of the decal have to slide together to avoid any legal problems in Germany.
Historical revisionism has its limits, Shaun, I suppose. A representative World War Museum would be a joke if essential elements were omitted,altered, or blurred in some way. While the Swastika is taboo in Germany, It's still in evidence (as it should be) on the Wehrmacht Unteroffizier on the right and front of this assembly. Just check out his eagle insignia. Incidentally, these figures greet you- sozusagen- at the entrance to the Museum. Click to enlarge pic.
Munster PanzerMuseum- Uniformed Figures
Munster PanzerMuseum- Uniformed Figures
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I agree with you Roy,
There has to be a limit to political correctness.
The fear I have about todays craving to not offend anyone is that History must inevitably be misrepresented.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:I agree with you Roy,
There has to be a limit to political correctness.
The fear I have about todays craving to not offend anyone is that History must inevitably be misrepresented.
For the moment, the limits are expanding remorselessly like the Universe and British waistlines, Shaun :| No-platforming real women, for example. :shh: The Tommies in Flanders would turn in the graves (marked and unknown) if they could see what has become of the World they died to preserve. :thumbdown:
In time, it will be taboo for me even to offend myself, I guess :eh: :lolno:

Return to “Events / Days out”