Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Yellowshaker wrote:Rad. I finally got the programming unit from ebay that you show in the first part of this thread. I hooked it up as you stated in the photo. Problem is when I hit connect on the screen in the software it says module did not answer. Any ideas? I checked my connections over and over.
Do you have the board powered? It should be connected to the model, and switched on.

EDIT: Also make sure you follow the pin names (not the pin order in the diagram, because it can vary with every programmer)

And lastly, did you try selecting another comm port in the benedini software?
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

The USB that Bangood sell has an cloned chip on it. The guys that produce the real one changed their drivers so that it would only recognise a genuine chip. The latest drivers will therefore only recognise a genuine FTID chip, hence you get the message. I had the same problem.

Ironically the real USB board is a fraction of the cost of the cloned one. There are two solutions.

1. Download an old driver and try that.
2. Buy a genuine one and use the latest driver.

I was pulling my hair out trying to get my USB to work, I bought the genuine one, soldered the wires/plug onto it from the Bangood board, and it has worked flawlessly ever since.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

wibblywobbly wrote:The USB that Bangood sell has an cloned chip on it. The guys that produce the real one changed their drivers so that it would only recognise a genuine chip. The latest drivers will therefore only recognise a genuine FTID chip, hence you get the message. I had the same problem.

Ironically the real USB board is a fraction of the cost of the cloned one. There are two solutions.

1. Download an old driver and try that.
2. Buy a genuine one and use the latest driver.

I was pulling my hair out trying to get my USB to work, I bought the genuine one, soldered the wires/plug onto it from the Bangood board, and it has worked flawlessly ever since.
There is no need to use the genuine (and expensive!) programmer. I have several sound boards and all of them work with the programmer I did myself, about one euro free shipping..

But what does not work is the programmer that banngood sells, all of them come wrongly wired and some of them even with faulty chips!.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Expensive? lol. I don't know where you buy yours, but I got one of these, soldered 3 wires on, loaded the driver and it worked perfectly. It's a lot cheaper than the Bangood one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Basic-Br ... 237929d04e
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

wibblywobbly wrote:Expensive? lol. I don't know where you buy yours, but I got one of these, soldered 3 wires on, loaded the driver and it worked perfectly. It's a lot cheaper than the Bangood one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Basic-Br ... 237929d04e
Sorry, I thought you meant the original benedini programmer (which is about 20 bucks + shipping) not that breakout board, lol
The banggood programer is a rip off, and it even does not work, but the one in the link you provided is perfect.
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

OK, you guys are great. I got it to work. Com port wasn't selected. In any case, my next problem didn't take long. I am able to load sound sets. However, the proportional sounds are not working. The engine starts and idles but that is all. I am not sure if it is something in parameters I am missing or what. I have zero experience with this system and as stated, the instructions are rather limited. Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but I am trying to learn.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
c6doki
Recruit

Post by c6doki »

Yellowshaker wrote:OK, you guys are great. I got it to work. Com port wasn't selected. In any case, my next problem didn't take long. I am able to load sound sets. However, the proportional sounds are not working. The engine starts and idles but that is all. I am not sure if it is something in parameters I am missing or what. I have zero experience with this system and as stated, the instructions are rather limited. Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but I am trying to learn.
Hi!
Did you set it to autostart at parameters? You have sounds at least 5 (or 6) slots when you load them to the program? Did you use the connecrions next to the speaker ones (prop1), cause autostart with proportional is working from there?.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Autostart is a weird one for anyone getting these boards. Without the USB programmer you need to short the two board contacts to cycle through the settings and it is hit and miss due to how fiddly it is. With the USB you can do it from the software.

The next thing that will stop the running engine sounds is the throttle position set up. This can only be done by shorting the contacts. With a model on a block to stop it going anywhere, the pins are shorted, and a quick series of beeps and throttle movements tells the board where the idle position, off idle, and full throttle positions are.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
c6doki
Recruit

Post by c6doki »

I managed to set it like that way fine. Not at first but I used to it fast.
1. Short while switch on
2. Move throttle to desired start position and hold still beep. (Just barely move and hold it because if you add to much than sound will late according to throttle.)
3. Hold full throttle until beeps 3 times.
4. Off/on normally. That's it.
I've had only issues with reverse sound delay but I managed to eliminate it with a little trim from Tx.
Since I just bought a TTL converter a week ago I finally managed to change sounds as well.
Still use it in autostart because I have only 3 ch gear and the 3rd is the wich.
I'd like to thank you guys for these awesome and simple instructions btw.
Cheers
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Small update here. Today I have installed an amplifyer. You can buy four of them for one euro free shipping in aliexpress.
There are several models, I just bout the smaller and cheaper of all, lol.
51924613_589729908210684_1869855385733562368_n.jpg
The difference (with a propper speaker) is night and day. So guys, for 25 cents you can make your small board rock.

Return to “Other electronics”