1/72 PST 1941 KV-1

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

1/72 PST 1941 KV-1

Post by PainlessWolf »

Decided to build one of my stock of 1/72 scale kits while waiting for Stuart parts. PST has grand ideas and most of their kit parts and tiny and intricate. Casting gates on the sprues are huge tho' so care is needed to remove those 'tiny' parts. Individual tracks links turn out nice but can cause bad dreams in the process of building them in this scale. Like many of these tiny kits, a week was spent wondering where I had lost my mind then everything came together and was finished in an evening. Good training for the larger scales as Carl has noted. Enjoy!
Pics: ( Click to enlarge ) ( The pics not the tank ;o)

PS: This kit came with a lovely Photo Etched Brass Set of details that did not get touched! If anyone needs a set, they are yours for the postage. ( Includes the original decal set as well ;o)
Attachments
Early production version of the tank
Early production version of the tank
Of course one of the front tow hook assemblies vanished so a field repair was made.
Of course one of the front tow hook assemblies vanished so a field repair was made.
Individual track links were ...fun...
Individual track links were ...fun...
A little dirt goes a long way on something this small
A little dirt goes a long way on something this small
Complete and weathered
Complete and weathered
A Tiny and Intricate Kit
A Tiny and Intricate Kit
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: 1/72 PST 1941 KV-1

Post by HERMAN BIX »

As an avid wargamer in this scale back in the day, I must say the options have come a long way !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman!
This model will sit up on the scale Dragon Wagon that I keep on my desk to remind me where my Hobby directions lay. ;o) Many more to build in between the big stuff.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Ready to go on the Hauler
Ready to go on the Hauler
...Here for the Dawn...
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Individual track links in this scale?!? I can see where the term "That's enough to drive you to drink" comes from! You have both my admiration and sympathy for having gone through the whole exercise. It certainly came out wonderfully, but better you than me...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Mike! Hola!
The tracks were one of those set ups where you have a middling long piece, top and bottom then everything else is individual links that you shape to the idlers and sprockets. Not as bad as it could have been but 'interesting' at any rate. ;o) It was overall fun but I have stuff in the mail to get back to bigger scales so no more 1/72 scale until after my eye surgeries are complete and my vision returned to 20/20. Need a set of 1/72 scale photo etch for a KV? I've not seen any interest yet from anyone else.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

As I said "a long way" ............mine had vinyl tracks that kept on rupturing at the joint regardless of how well I melted them together !!
Great work Mr Wolf.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman, Good morning!
Need any 1/72 scale KV photo etch? ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Hokum_52
Recruit

Post by Hokum_52 »

And trust me, PST's individual track links are nothing when compared to ACE's... At least, you can more or less fit PST's links into one another when you cut them free from the sprue, which isn't a given by ACE! To tell you, I have 9 models by this brand, and none has the original tracks... They all have stuff I either cannibalised from other builds (T-72 by Modelcollect had 2 sets of tracks, 1 set for the T-72 and 1 set for a Trumpeter T-55 that was turned into an AMV modernised variant with T-72 tracks, and the ACE T-55 got the Trumpeter T-55's original tracks) or that I bought in resin or photo etch, because there's no way I'm doing THAT.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon, Hokum,
Someone understands the travails of scale. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
JohnWhyte
Corporal

Post by JohnWhyte »

That's the scale I got in to model making and got into doing tanks starting with armourfast kits 2 simple kits in 1 and airfix leading up to now and my load of 1/16 and other scales
T-34
2 Pz.4
Korean Pershing
2 M50
2 M51
M1
2 King Tiger
2 Jagdpanzer E75
Alligator
E25 Ausf D
E75
E50