PAK 40 ANTI TANK BUNKER

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

PAK 40 ANTI TANK BUNKER

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Got a PaK 40 in a box of so-called junk. Now Im accepting of the fact that I will unlikely get hold of a '251 anytime soon, so I thought to make a quick AT position.
I have a stockpile of polystyrene packing and low & behold, had a bit that was spot on.
Grabbed a bit of thin MDF board that came out of the back of a set of draws to use as a base, and used left over plywood.
I got a polystyrene cutting gadget from a cheap shop ages ago & finally used it to slice the corners off and get that familiar shape.
Carved out the gun embrasure, assembled the flanking wall and rear door protection & stuck it all down with loads of PVA wood glue.

Once dry, I used an acrylic gap sealer to grout the surface & put in a bit of texture on the roof, and mark in the formwork that would have shuttered the concrete during construction.
All in cost $6.95 for the sealant- zip for the rest !

Once the outer is dry I will paint it with a grey base and then do a bit of landscaping around it.
I can assure you though..............NO barbed wire :/
Attachments
sealed
sealed
P9240034.JPG
P9230038.JPG
ballast to set glue
ballast to set glue
P9220032.JPG
P9220031.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: PAK 40 ANTI TANK BUNKER

Post by Ad Lav »

Good start!

Doesn’t Ludwigs do a basic plastic kit of the 251? Or maybe one if the wizz kids can 3d design you one!
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks Mr Lav but them right there is waaaaaaay to much proper currency to be mucking around with !!!

I got some grey base over the sealer tonight, it looks much closer to right.
Also went with a half-log retaining wall around the back that I will build up to with earth & grass to go all the way round the bunker.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Closed the gun embrasure and gave the base board a coat of varnish to reduce deformation when I do the ground cover.
Just need to place the door round the back, and then onto the groundwork.
This is really a 'five-minute folly' just to use a bit of gear on hand and create an additional piece of battlefield hardware for stuff-all outlay.
I've also got onto making a house ruin for the same reason.
The house will have its wooden floor burnt(with actual burning!) and windows, door & shutters a bit damaged.
I have some furnature for the inside, and from back in the day, a couple of portraits to hang on the walls !! :shifty:
Attachments
P9300038.JPG
P9300037.JPG
P9300035.JPG
P9300034.JPG
P9300033.JPG
P9300032.JPG
P9300031.JPG
P6100006.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

nice work mate!
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Used a mass of left over polystyrene from the now infamous washing machine packing to build up a base to support earth works.
PVA glue applied like a honeymoon couple uses coconut oil in the Maldives and let set over night.
Ok, so not as lovingly or with anywhere near the expected result, but you get the idea ........... :shifty: :{ ;)
Once dry enough, I wet an old cot sheet & cut it to shape to cover the poly.
Placed and washed in with a diluted PVA solution and waited for it to dry overnight.
I will trim the excess off and use a less-diluted PVA mix to wash over and then chuck dirt on top.
When that is dry, I will wash again with a diluted PVA mix and use a grass(artificial) & leaf mix to add ground cover same as I used on the Pantherturm I made a while back.
No barbed wire though..........ohhhhhhhh NO :lolno:
Attachments
PA020032.JPG
PA020031.JPG
PA010031.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

VERY COOL, watch out tankers this bunker is waiting!
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

All done. Used plenty of PVA glue potion and real dirt.
More pva solution and then the grass compound I had left over from the Pantherturm I did a while back.
Weatherd it with MIG wash, and fitted the access door along the way.
Just got to place a duckboard path around the back & its done.,
Attachments
PA110045.JPG
PA110044.JPG
PA110041.JPG
PA110039.JPG
PA110036.JPG
PA060031.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

The building and bunker look super cool Herman 8) awesome what you've achieved from a box of spares and leftovers :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:

Return to “Battlefield Buildings”