DR WHO .....

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Pak36
Private

Re: DR WHO .....

Post by Pak36 »

Well...I have watched both of hte new episodes...and.....

1) The actor playing the Doctror is OK. Bit scatty and overly reliant on waving a home made sonic screwdriver for no clear reason. The supporting cast, however, is supporting mis-cast. The script is shoddy. "ooh..I were flying along and fell out me Tardis...." ....Jeez....someone read that and thought it was good???

2) Whoever wrote the story wants replacing. Really....pretty poor stuff. Flimsier than ever plot lines and ridiculously weak progression. No surprises, twists or anything to maintain interest. Have been re-watching the old Eccleston/Tennant episodes, and the difference in writing is huge. Wave the sonic all you like....and everything is sorted is all the current doctor is supposed to do. And apparantly doing a motor mechanics NVQ teaches you all about gas properties.....so many basic research errors.

I honestly think the BBC was happy to let discussions rage over the choice of Doctor.....as it takes attention away from the fact that this is a poor series. If the next episode is as dull and cliched as the first two..that will be it for me.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: DR WHO .....

Post by tomhugill »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Shaun, you've just reminded me of Disk World by Terry Pratchett.
In the main city Ankh-Morpork they have "guilds" for each main crime, like the guild of assassins, the guild of pick pockets etc and so on. These guilds have quotas they have to abide by to avoid getting into trouble, and any excess crime committed by non guild members gets dealt with by the guilds.
All helps towards the smooth running of the city, and keeps crime down to an acceptable level. After all, there will always be crime.

As for women being weaker, I doubt most of the tiny actresses could do what an old neighbour of mine once did, she decked her husband with one punch and he didn't get up for quite a while lol. She worked in an old people's home, so was very strong from man-handling the weak and infirm.

I've a female friend who can deadlift (I think that's the one) 165kg. I'd like the see most blokes do that. The performance difference comes at absolute peak performance elite athlete levels.

Return to “Off topic”