DR WHO .....

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

DR WHO .....

Post by mcevoyi »

Ok and hi all
I was not sure about lady play the part of Dr Who

I WAS SO WRONG !!!,
JODIE WHITTAKER has just blown my the tv screen wide open !!!
I loved it
Sorry Scully ( X FILES ) .. some one else has just rocked my boat .....
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: DR WHO .....

Post by RobW »

Good start, but will see how it goes: I usually give them a few episodes to settle in.
Pak36
Private

Post by Pak36 »

Not seen it yet......but I will.

If they have a Doctor who just happens to be female...no problem.

If they overplay the 'look...we have a female doctor' and stray into right on equality quota territory....then it will be the last episode I ever watch. There is far too much 'quota' based equality, and not enough picking of the best regardless of race/sex/whatever and just pick the best person to do the job. I mean...equality. I have never laughed so hard as when I watched a news article on Serena Williams moaning that her sponsors stopped paying her piles of cash when she stopped playing tennis to have a child. Apparantly...they should have kept up the payments as it was her right to have a child and keep earning. Yeah...right. Perhaps someone should explain to her how sponsorship works....

I just want a quirky, irritable slightly superior Doctor. A traditional doctor. Capaldi nailed it nicely. Others have done ...less well.

I will see what she brings to the role, and how she plays the character.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Pak36 wrote:Not seen it yet......but I will.

If they overplay the 'look...we have a female doctor' and stray into right on equality quota territory....then it will be the last episode I ever watch. There is far too much 'quota' based equality, and not enough picking of the best regardless of race/sex/whatever and just pick the best person to do the job. I mean...equality. I have never laughed so hard as when I watched a news article on Serena Williams moaning that her sponsors stopped paying her piles of cash when she stopped playing tennis to have a child. Apparantly...they should have kept up the payments as it was her right to have a child and keep earning. Yeah...right. Perhaps someone should explain to her how sponsorship works....

I just want a quirky, irritable slightly superior Doctor. A traditional doctor. Capaldi nailed it nicely. Others have done ...less well.

But that's exactly what they have done, it's nothing more than the LGBT committee controlling everything at the BBC. You see it in movies too, females being ultra violent, performing feats of strength that no average female would ever achieve. The BBC is the most blatant, all geared to convince the gullible that men and women are equal, not by making real females the equal of men, but by hijacking everything male, and simply replacing it with female. We all know that in real life a female cannot lift heavy things, cannot fight off six men armed with Uzi's using a kitchen knife, and is not interested in much more than the next episode of Eastenders. A female will sit there and be impressed with what a fantasy female does, and associate themselves the image. Then they will go and get another bar of chocolate from the fridge.

Wait till the next 'change'...equality creep. A gay or lesbian Doctor. Two male married Doctors. A Transgender Doctor. It's all 'normal' folks, because that box tells you it is. George Orwell wrote a book explaining it all. :D

I stopped paying for a licence 6 years ago, saved myself £900 so far. I just use Netflix nowadays. no ads, and I can watch what I want when I want. The internet provides everything else for free.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Superheroes, Time lords, Pah, I bet she doesnt know how to bind a Turnigy Tgy 9X :haha:
Edit, I have missed a few episodes recently so can anyone tell me who came after the old gentleman I think he was called William Hartnell ?
I think he had a sideline as a dress designer.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

wibblywobbly wrote:
Pak36 wrote:Not seen it yet......but I will.

But that's exactly what they have done, it's nothing more than the LGBT committee controlling everything at the BBC. You see it in movies too, females being ultra violent, performing feats of strength that no average female would ever achieve. The BBC is the most blatant, all geared to convince the gullible that men and women are equal, not by making real females the equal of men, but by hijacking everything male, and simply replacing it with female. We all know that in real life a female cannot lift heavy things, cannot fight off six men armed with Uzi's using a kitchen knife, and is not interested in much more than the next episode of Eastenders. A female will sit there and be impressed with what a fantasy female does, and associate themselves the image. Then they will go and get another bar of chocolate from the fridge.

Wait till the next 'change'...equality creep. A gay or lesbian Doctor. Two male married Doctors. A Transgender Doctor. It's all 'normal' folks, because that box tells you it is. George Orwell wrote a book explaining it all. :D

I stopped paying for a licence 6 years ago, saved myself £900 so far. I just use Netflix nowadays. no ads, and I can watch what I want when I want. The internet provides everything else for free.

I call it............"the new normal"
As in all things, society's accepted normal takes time to absorb.
It was in our collective lifetimes that violence and so called' alternative lifestyles' were simply not accepted in movies or on t.v
When I discuss such changes in the acceptable description of normal I get the "how dare you"
Well, I have seen and visited rows of crosses that give me the right to disagree with the erosion of what I feel society calls 'normal'.
Whats next ?.......Snuf ?.....The real Hunger Games ?..........Brexit?...........one time chance of culling of ex wives?.........who knows where the 'broadminded future' will lead us??

all that aside, the Dr. Who franchise(and folks, thats only what it is-a commercial T.V. franchise) gets stale, something needs to be done to refresh the brand(and the advertising that goes with it)........and if the Timelord known as the Doctor can maintain the subject line, and invigorate the the franchise, then thats what wins folks .
I will give the actor the credit due............Its after all not Dr -what you expect and would like, but Dr what we give you and what you will accept tough-luck champ-lets cram the ads in ,that ultimately prevails & she/he does not get much of a say in it.

I am man............scratch, fart, say the wrong thing, fix things, look at other females, wont read a map, or ask for directions, or seek mental health counseling, or listen, or be romantic, and aaaaaaaalllllllllll the other stuff we are accused of do/dont do, then die...............its just what we do, and I feel no shame in being one.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

We get the same thing over here. Old TV shows and movies being remade with new characters that are inserted only for political correctness. They either change the gender or the race of the main character and remake an old show or movie and think they've done something great. In Battlestar Galactica they decided to make Starbuck a girl for the new one and that went over pretty well. The actress, Katee Sackhoff, really carried the role. The one that kind of ticks me off is the new Magnum PI. They made Higgins into a girl. I think that takes away from the basic premise of the show which was the relationship between Magnum, an ex-navy seal, and Jonathan Higgins, a retired sergeant major in the British army. But then they turn Magnum into a Mexican. Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends in life have been Mexicans and I was once engaged to a Mexican woman. I have loads of respect and admiration for their entire culture, but I just don't see Magnum as a Mexican. Especially since the only reason they changed Magnums race was to be politically correct. But old dinosaurs like me just have to get used to it because that's the way the world is today.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Y'all do know they want Thor to be a female in new movies right? Thor of all people! Been depicted as male for thousands of years but lets make him into her!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

What I love is that back in the early 60s a children's TV programme aired starring a grumpy old man who appeared from nowhere and made friends with two pre-teens, a boy and a girl it was perfectly innocent escapism,
Just about now the politically correct of the 21st century would be foaming at the mouth crying Dirty Prevert get him off the Telly,
Send him down for 30 years hard labour,
So Herman I am not sure we have progressed,
As a 7 year old I would walk by myself a mile and a half each week in the evening to the Cubs and an hour later walk back home,
We would play in the road with 6 shooter cap guns never expecting armed policemen to arrive telling us to drop the gun or else and the only instruction I ever got from my loving mum was Don't take sweets from Irishmen :haha:
I never thought to ask why only Irishmen but my point is that we are most definitely going backwards socially.
I firmly believe that being a law abiding citizen will become a criminal offence anyday soon and at least we will save money on Prisons and Lunatic asylums because the mentally sick and the rapists and murderers will all be walking the streets doing precisely what they want while we cower behind the curtains wondering what went wrong..
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Well that degenerated quickly :/

Return to “Off topic”