Hello from Belgium

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Chelios
Recruit

Hello from Belgium

Post by Chelios »

Hello :). I recently rediscovered scale modelling after randomly browsing on the net. I've done some regular scale modelling as a wee lad some 10-ish years ago (1/72 and 1/35 mostly). Back then the RC models were way too expensive for me. Glad to see we have more affordable options now. I bought a Taigen Tiger 1 from G.F. Armour to have somewhat of an idea of what to strive for myself in scale 1/16.
I have a stock Torro Jagdpanther (with metal hull, wheels and tracks) waiting to be repainted. It arrived with some damage as well so it'll be a fun project to repair and repaint it to a good standard. Although it's been a while I hope I'll be able to do a good job with all the help that's available online these days, and I bought some good books as well.

Pictures of my G.F. Armour Tiger 1 :)

Marco Peter
Sergeant

Re: Hello from Belgium

Post by Marco Peter »

Welcome!

Good introduction , if this Tiger shows what you are already doing we can expect to see lots more beauties by your hand!
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
A very nice presentation of a Tiger 1 Late,
Before you sign off on it I hope you wont forget to remove the Spare radio aerial storage tube from the Left (As viewed from the drivers seat) rear flank of the Tank body,
Every Heng Long/Taigen and Torro Tiger 1 has two of them But the real Tiger 1 only had one with the exception of the command Tank which had its second spare aerial holder across the rear backplate of the Tank.
Enjoy the Forum and any questions please feel free to ask and if you know stuff then please tell us.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Sven
Recruit

Post by Sven »

Hi.
Nice Tiger.
Chelios
Recruit

Post by Chelios »

Maybe I worded it wrong but the Tiger is painted by G.F. Armour, not by me. It is however how I would like to paint my models in the future as well :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”