Do WPL parts fit the JJRC truck

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Steampunk456
Recruit

Do WPL parts fit the JJRC truck

Post by Steampunk456 »

Hi guys,

Couldn’t resist buying a JJRC Q60 truck as I love the look. It was cheap as chips so I thought why not.

Now my question is, can I use wpl metal parts to upgrade the q60? From what I can see online, it looks like they all have the same chassis and axles but thought I’d try and confirm it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Do WPL parts fit the JJRC truck

Post by midlife306 »

WPL & JJRC axles are completely different inside, internals aren’t interchangeable I’m afraid
Cheers
Wayne

Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

As stated, the internals are different. JJRC have a true ring and pinion with spider gears. However, they seem to slip quite easily and it is recommended to add oil to them so they perform better. I have one of each and can say that I have had nothing but frustration with the upgrade parts. They are complete junk and most missing parts. I installed a set of the metal gears to my GAZ66 and that kit comes with axle shafts as wells as metal components for the wheels to mount on. They are supposed to come with 4 small machine screws to mount the wheels to them, however, my kit came with only two...and I can not find any the same size in my parts bin. The driveshafts I purchased are also garbage and they have set screws so small that they do not tighten enough to hold tot he pinion or the motor shaft which is more annoyance to have to find a way to fix. I am thinking leave it stock from now on and live with the fact they are cheap Chinese junk to mess with or don't buy them at all. The upgrades can add up quickly and so far they are virtually useless junk. I do hope the quality of them improves, but it is not likely.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
Steampunk456
Recruit

Post by Steampunk456 »

Thanks for the swift replies.

I think it would probably better to scratch build then. They kind of captured my imagination of towing a tank trailer onto the battlefield.

Cheers

Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

I've been working on mine pretty heavily. I've got all 3 axles with metal gears, the big 2 speed transmission, metal driveshaft, and upgraded electronics. The only thing I'm missing is a decent battery. That should be arriving today. I'll try and get a video together showing all the things I had to "fix" to get it running right this weekend. Though, I might not have time until Monday. Most of the upgrade parts aren't just bolt on. Some of them require a little fiddling. But, even someone with my basic tool/skill set shouldn't have much issue getting them to work reliably.
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
Steampunk456
Recruit

Post by Steampunk456 »

Sweet, that would be awesome if you could.

I do feel like these trucks have potential.

Cheers

Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

Steampunk456 wrote:Sweet, that would be awesome if you could.

I do feel like these trucks have potential.

Cheers

I should probably post this here, since this is where it was asked for.

phpBB [video]
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
maltins
Recruit

Post by maltins »

Hi Does anyone of you Clever modellers know of anyone who could supply me in the uk with a fifth wheel like on Roboticus Prime's truck ? willing to pay for it and the postage Thanks Malc
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

maltins wrote:Hi Does anyone of you Clever modellers know of anyone who could supply me in the uk with a fifth wheel like on Roboticus Prime's truck ? willing to pay for it and the postage Thanks Malc
This is my own designed prototype which can be setup as manual or servo operated :)

phpBB [video]

I can change the design to suit different needs if required. Not expensive either. I can supply with the fixings and the rod end for m2, pm for info
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
sapper
Recruit

Post by sapper »

Can anyone answer a question about my JJRC truck. is the motor brushed, or brushless. i want to change the electrics, and not sure what type of speed controller to fit

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”