FEHRMANN GRUPPE TIGER 05

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
philipat
Sergeant

Re: FEHRMANN GRUPPE TIGER 05

Post by philipat »

HERMAN BIX wrote:No mate, I dont, but I sure wish I did.
In my humble opinion, Taigen are only bested by Tamiyas, but its so close in several areas the Taigen is better value & is more versatile.
Opinions aside, the late/mid Tiger is a great bit of gear.
:thumbup:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

capt midnight wrote:Thanks for the info, Herman. I think I'm going to give it a go for a dusty look on my Stug III Ausf A2.

Bill
Happy to help Captain, just remember mine is dry mud and dust over all................not just dust ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Soeren wrote:You did a fantastic Job here. Your tracks look really nice as well. Nice Progression from start to finish. :thumbup:
Thanks Mr Soeren, Im on hold just now for the electronics, but these should be in hand on the 4th of October.
I mistakenly thought it was ok for me to spend my own money on such things, but apparently, I had to fork out for dance costumes, end of year concert tickets, and the usual fees :/
I'll get there.
To finish its tow cable, seal the seams with pigment, helmets, other accessories & stowage-done.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ad Lav wrote:Smart work Herman :)
Thanks Mr Lav, its nothing on Mr Reapers work, but close enough to get the feel of an F05 for this kid.
If ever a Taigen lower chassis pops up here at a reasonable price, I will happily swoop on it !
But for now, my AUD$25 H/L Tiger will do !!(thats about GBP 9 pence ,or USD17c plus tax for those with proper currency, or thats what it feels like :/ )

I had another look through my box of goodies that I got as throw - aways' and found a little board called an RC5HL :think:
These things are supposed to work in H/L and by that I assume Taigen systems to take out the toy effects and add the ability to interact with Tamiya I.R battle systems yes ??
How the hell do they fit into a system ?
It has a rainbow Din -cable with a 3 plug and 4 individual plugs on it...........and a socket for a 3 plug H/L type cable on it.
No way of mounting it, now way of telling what needs to go where.
How does it receive signals & how does it project shots ??
Attachments
P9220032.JPG
P9220031.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Hey Herman, you dust looks very nice and very convincing. Might try it line thus as well. Followed different much more laborious approaches on the previous tracks. Much of the tone variation was gone after even one run through the garden. Works well for static less so for self weathering rc tanks :thumbup:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks Mr Soeren, I have to say that using MIG pigments allow such a simple and effective outcome .
The white glue holds it on except of course on hard edges.
The deck tan over spray also helps to bring it together.
You should try it ;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

Herman, as said the dusting looks great. Fantastic job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
tankmad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by tankmad »

Looking good I done a f13 many moons ago I like something different.
Stevie
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

Sir, where did you get those spare track holders from and the spare tracks don't have pin?
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

SteelBird wrote:Sir, where did you get those spare track holders from and the spare tracks don't have pin?
https://www.ozarmour.com.au/store/rc-ta ... k-kit.html

Im not sure where you are located, but this is the link to mine.
Certainly others have them.
I will try to find a picture of the correct location for them :thumbup:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”