FEHRMANN GRUPPE TIGER 05

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: FEHRMANN GRUPPE TIGER 05

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks team, if only it was a Taigen chassis. :'( :'(
Now the electronics. ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

what makes the Taigen chassis so good?
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

I really love the dusty look, Herman. Any suggestions on how it was done?

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

capt midnight wrote:I really love the dusty look, Herman. Any suggestions on how it was done?

Bill
I used a MIG pigment Europe Earth over a diluted pva glue(to about the consistency of milk)
Dabbed the glue solution into the areas I needed to cover, then using the same brush, dabbed into the pigment bottle and on to the glue, repeat, repeat.
More glue needs more pigment to soak up the solution.
Once it’s all dry, I blew a very thin Deck Tan over the lot out of the airbrush.
Concentrated in areas of higher exposure but always kept the brush a long way off the surface.
The tan fills in the areas that the pigment is absent from to bring it all together.
Once I fit and test the electrical system
I can cover joints and fit the accessories.
Next week I hope.
Hope the method explanation helps !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Smart work Herman :)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

philipat wrote:what makes the Taigen chassis so good?
Torsion bar suspension, metal inserts,metal arms, a lot more robust and durable, plus the quick release system that is exceptional.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

HERMAN BIX wrote:
philipat wrote:what makes the Taigen chassis so good?
Torsion bar suspension, metal inserts,metal arms, a lot more robust and durable, plus the quick release system that is exceptional.
Cool! I take it that you have one? I've been looking at getting the Taigen mid. Sounds like it would be a good choice.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

No mate, I dont, but I sure wish I did.
In my humble opinion, Taigen are only bested by Tamiyas, but its so close in several areas the Taigen is better value & is more versatile.
Opinions aside, the late/mid Tiger is a great bit of gear.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

You did a fantastic Job here. Your tracks look really nice as well. Nice Progression from start to finish. :thumbup:
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Thanks for the info, Herman. I think I'm going to give it a go for a dusty look on my Stug III Ausf A2.

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS

Return to “Heng Long Builds”