Major IBU2U headache

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Ben_r1
Recruit

Re: Major IBU2U headache

Post by Ben_r1 »

Thanks all I’ve got everything sorted now and very pleased with results, the proportional Tarr heater is particularly impressive.

Only two issues remain, my torro airsoft gun doesn’t seem compatible with the IBU, if I set it to airsoft recoil it doesn’t recoil or fire sound at all and if I set it to mechanical it takes three shots to wind the airsoft back enough?

Also this may be a controller issue but I can’t apply any steering adjustments whilst it’s moving, I.e I can’t slow one track down on forward movement, it tracks straight nicely but I have to stop and turn on the spot to steer. Can I make any adjustments to counter this?
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Ben_r1 wrote:Thanks all I’ve got everything sorted now and very pleased with results, the proportional Tarr heater is particularly impressive.

Only two issues remain, my torro airsoft gun doesn’t seem compatible with the IBU, if I set it to airsoft recoil it doesn’t recoil or fire sound at all and if I set it to mechanical it takes three shots to wind the airsoft back enough?

Also this may be a controller issue but I can’t apply any steering adjustments whilst it’s moving, I.e I can’t slow one track down on forward movement, it tracks straight nicely but I have to stop and turn on the spot to steer. Can I make any adjustments to counter this?
What radio are you using? Can you check some thing? Put the tank up so both tracks are off the ground, try it again, do the tracks run at different speeds turning?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Glad to hear that you got it working Ben albeit not 100% , what did you have to do to get it started ?

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Yes please share how you resolved the starting issue. :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Ben_r1
Recruit

Post by Ben_r1 »

For some reason at the very beginning of it all my barrel movement was reversed to how I wanted it so I inverted the channel on the transmitter which meant I had to hold it bottom left to start not top left! :clap: :{

Very much considering another IBU2 for my KV2 now aswell :thumbup:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

:thumbup: holding the stick to the top left then will turn the lights on and off Ben, they are great boards when you get used to them :D

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Ben_r1 wrote:
First, do you have airsoft with barrel recoil or just the fixed gun?

You can change the amount of time the airsoft motor runs on the SD card. It can take some fine tuning and I still haven't gotten it right on any of my IBUs, so they all are out of sync for sound and BB fire. Most of them trigger sound right away and then the BB lets fly a tick later. I've learned to live with it. :lolno:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Ben_r1
Recruit

Post by Ben_r1 »

The air soft unit in my Torro probably fires once every 20 attempts anyway so no real loss if I can’t sync it up!

Return to “General Discussion”