Major IBU2U headache

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Ben_r1
Recruit

Major IBU2U headache

Post by Ben_r1 »

Evening all.

Purchased an IBU2 after being convinced from the website its a 'plug and play' for Taigen tanks :wtf:

Anyway managed to get it wired in easy enough, although its just a little too big to fit in the chassis alongside the battery. Calibration was a nightmare but thats more down to my cheap 2.4ghz transmitter i believe.

Now comes where im struggling, ive got my SD card into the laptop and nowhere did i read beforehand you need to be a computer programmer to set this up? Myself and my wife have both studied the instructions in detail and cannot make head nor tail of what we're supposed to do? :thumbdown:

Any help be grateful, im not completely computer illiterate but at the same time i dont hack computers for a living either.
Ben_r1
Recruit

Re: Major IBU2U headache

Post by Ben_r1 »

P.S I’ve left the settings well alone for now, have a tech savvy friend who may be able to help with setups at the weekend.

Next problem, I have turret rotation and barrel elevation but no drive to the motors and no engine sound or smoker? Everything is plugged in correctly and have performed the calibration a handful of times successfully but to no avail, refitting the torro motherboard brings everything back to life? Breakable fuse checked fine? :crazy:
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Did you start the tank? The IBU's will not move untill you "start" the tank up, not just turn the power on. Like a real tank.

Depending upon how you have it set up but it should be left stick in between the 4 compass directions. Those also turn the headlight on and off, smoker on and off and of course the tanks "engine" on and off.

Didn't you get directions with yours?
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

It can be confusing at first but the IBU2 is a VERY GOOD board! Where did you buy it from? Ian is our resident IBU supplier and tech expert.
Ben_r1
Recruit

Post by Ben_r1 »

Rctankelectronics.

Going off a few YouTube videos standard start up should be left and down on the throttle stick? I can’t seem to get it started anywhere however when I go full throttle the blue led starts flashing which tells me it’s receiving the signal okay?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi Ben, on my ibu2's I have the throttle set-up on the left stick and the turret functions set-up on the right stick so therefore my start-up requires me to hold the right stick to the bottom right lower corner and it fires up, I had the same problem when I first started using them but that was just me being unfamiliar with the board, try holding the sticks in each corner one position at a time for a couple of seconds and you should get a reaction from one of the positions, failing that Ian of rctankelectronics is a member of the forum and a very knowledgeable and helpful chap you'll find him as 'Tankbear' on here , send him a message and I'm sure he'll be able to sort it out with you :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Ben_r1
Recruit

Post by Ben_r1 »

Thanks Lee I have another play with it tonight. :thumbup:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

One of my favourite boards. I am a big fan. When you go into the ini files on the SD card you can assign the engine start stop to a channel switch like a toggle switch like I do. As long as your radio has enough channels. You can also assign smoker on and off to specific functions. So you can have smoker auto start when engine starts etc.... :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Once you load the SD card into the computer, you can find the spot where all the functions are listed and assign channels to match the functions on your radio so it operates as Lee noted. I adjust recoil direction, amount of recoil speed master volume for the tank etc. When you open the .ini files you will see channels functions, smoker setup etc.

FYI....On my IBU2U I set master volume at 70%, ( not the volume knob) in the files so I have clear crisp sounds without distortion.

The IBU2U is a very nice board with many functions. Once you understand it, you will be impressed.

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

All my IBUs start the engine by holding the left stick up and to the right, but I've heard from guys that have them all over the place. You should try all four corners, and make sure to hold the stick in place for at LEAST five seconds. Also, make sure all your trims are centered. That can be a big problem if you don't catch it, don't ask me how I know. If you hold to one corner and the lights come on you know you're on the right track. The four corners should control smoke on/off, lights, momentum and engine start, you just need to sort out which is which.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “General Discussion”