Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Re: Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Post by LukeZ »

Rad I've watched your videos and I see what you're doing on the radio side. It's true you're able to trigger all the sounds from your radio, but when combined with the Open Panzer TCB I'm not sure all of it will work very well, the reason being, the channel you use to trigger the sounds on the Micro is not going to be the same channel you use to trigger that function on the TCB (there is no 12-position input on the TCB). But I suppose with some additional mixing on the radio you could theoretically mix those 12 positions from the single channel also to 12 other channels which feed into the TCB... In reality something far less than 12 would be better since there aren't even that many switches on most radios, nor that much memory on the Micro.

I do think for most mere mortals (and those without fancy radios) the most we are likely to get is Prop 1 for throttle and Prop 2 for MG/cannon, and set the Micro to Engine Auto Start so that takes care of itself. When I have some time I will try to do a write-up in the Wiki on this...
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

LukeZ wrote:Rad I've watched your videos and I see what you're doing on the radio side. It's true you're able to trigger all the sounds from your radio, but when combined with the Open Panzer TCB I'm not sure all of it will work very well, the reason being, the channel you use to trigger the sounds on the Micro is not going to be the same channel you use to trigger that function on the TCB (there is no 12-position input on the TCB). But I suppose with some additional mixing on the radio you could theoretically mix those 12 positions from the single channel also to 12 other channels which feed into the TCB... In reality something far less than 12 would be better since there aren't even that many switches on most radios, nor that much memory on the Micro.

I do think for most mere mortals (and those without fancy radios) the most we are likely to get is Prop 1 for throttle and Prop 2 for MG/cannon, and set the Micro to Engine Auto Start so that takes care of itself. When I have some time I will try to do a write-up in the Wiki on this...
Hi Luke, like you said, everything is a matter of programming and mixing. If I move the turret stick (lets say for example channel 3), I can trigger any sound at the Benedini at the same time with the stick. It is just a matter of sending signal for the turret function and for the sound unit as well. Even it is possible to have track noises when driving and activating those sounds just with the drive stick.

Also there is no need of having a 12 position switch or a lot of switches, everything can be done with the radio stock switches, but it is just a matter of deep programming the radio. For example I am using a 6 position switch, but with some easy programming it looks like it has 12... So Is a matter of combining switches, and anyway you dont need to configure all of them, with a couple of sounds would be ok.

But of course a fully programable radio with a screen is a must. Today the radio I was using was for sale at Hobbyking for 25 euros free shipping...

And yes, for the rookie and average users, this is way too complicated and truly a headache... But the posibilities are there... ;)
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

A few questions, if anyone knows the answers?

1. On the parameters page, what does 'speed max' do?

2. If I wanted an air brake sound, do I add this as a separate sound, or add it to the 'deceleration' clip? Mine are set up on Autostart, so if it was set up as a separate sound, how would it be activated?

3. What would make life easier is being able to set the idle, off idle and full throttle positions from the software. Is this possible rather than short the contacts on the board and use the beeps?

4. Tech question - not expecting good news. I have one old board with destroyed pin holes. Is there anywhere else on the board that a programmer can be hooked up to, eg bypassing the three normal ones.

Hoping someone can help.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

wibblywobbly wrote:A few questions, if anyone knows the answers?

1. On the parameters page, what does 'speed max' do?

2. If I wanted an air brake sound, do I add this as a separate sound, or add it to the 'deceleration' clip? Mine are set up on Autostart, so if it was set up as a separate sound, how would it be activated?

3. What would make life easier is being able to set the idle, off idle and full throttle positions from the software. Is this possible rather than short the contacts on the board and use the beeps?

4. Tech question - not expecting good news. I have one old board with destroyed pin holes. Is there anywhere else on the board that a programmer can be hooked up to, eg bypassing the three normal ones.

Hoping someone can help.

Long time I dont use the board because Im lacking time, so I forgot quite a lof ot things in an already very complex board.

1) I dont even remember where that "Speed max" is. Can you take a screenshot? If not, I can take a look to it tonight when I grab a computer at home.

2) I would add it at the end of the deceleration clip. Anyway as far as I remember, using autostart is limiting the board to an extreme. It wont let you switch motors on and off at your will, or triggering the extra sounds (it has like 14 extra sounds!) And of course no lights use.

Triggering the sounds at your will is doable, but it will take some effort. In my case I replaced a potentiometer in the radio, with a 6 position switch, and modified it programming the radio to look like a 12 pos switch. So I select a position with that switch, lets say position 2, and with another switch I trigger the sound. It is a really advanced board, but with a big learning curve... After a while and with some patience you will be surprised of what this does... But first step is not to use the autostart mode anymore.

3) As far as I know, nope. You have to teach the board, but the good thing is you have to do it only once.

4) Dont think so... But I guess you could solder some connectors or wires at some point around the connectors area... But for preventing this, thats why I installed pins in the board as shown in my pictures.
maxmekker

Post by maxmekker »

the answer to question 1 can be seen/heard and explained here from 5 min :thumbup:

basicly it tells the card to how much to 'pitch' the sound at full stick

phpBB [video]
Drammen Rock City
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

That makes perfect sense, many thanks! :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Wow, what a thread. I think i will have to try some of this as the trucks are a bit boring without sound.
GREAT work, WOW
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

This is a great thread. A lot of valuable knowledge here. I am just wondering about the smke unit. No one has showed how to control one through the board.
I am also a bit confused on something. The boards shown on banggood are dasmicro for trucks and other vehicles. Then there is a mini. Can you guys tell me the difference as there is little in the way o information. Thank you.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Yellowshaker wrote:This is a great thread. A lot of valuable knowledge here. I am just wondering about the smke unit. No one has showed how to control one through the board.
I am also a bit confused on something. The boards shown on banggood are dasmicro for trucks and other vehicles. Then there is a mini. Can you guys tell me the difference as there is little in the way o information. Thank you.
Hi. The units at banggood are called "Dasmikro" but are for whatever you want, not only trucks. For example I am using one in the P40 warbird I mentioned in this thread.
This "Dasmikro" sound a pirate clone of the "Benedini micro"

The Mini, nowadays is still with no ilegal copys. It Is 98% the same as the micro, but bigger (easier to work with) a couple of options more, and has more sound memory, I think something that lets you play around 93 seconds or so.
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Post by LukeZ »

All the information about the Mini and Micro can be found on Benedini's website
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why

Return to “Other electronics”