PANTHER 'D' DRUM CUPOLA & FIGURE

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: PANTHER 'D' DRUM CUPOLA & FIGURE

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:1/16 Boat Passenger 701-21 (82T5676ND) by HOLDEN8702RD
https://www.shapeways.com/product/82T56 ... d=65543314

1/16 Boat Passenger 701-22 (93487GCEQ) by HOLDEN8702RD
https://www.shapeways.com/product/93487 ... d=65543306
Both of these jokers are just what I need.
Great links Mr Gunner :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Not exactly a word of warning, but being shapeways, if they are anything like mine, they have a grainy finish. I treated mine to a thin coat of Vallejo plastic putty (the one that comes in the paint type bottles) to smooth out some of the more visible areas.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Wise advice Mr Surfer.................I'm a while off needing them, but best to be forewarned.
One will do what I need when the time comes.

I guess at some stage soon I will need to reveal what the project is.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Yeah, I noticed that, too, but then I saw 3/4 inch to the foot and know that's 1/16th scale. How did I know that? You can find a lot of good stuff by searching 3/4 scale dollhouse accessories. 8)

I've always found the hunt for good figures to be a lot of fun, and when I heard Imex carries "Trailer Trash Tina" I naturally had to have one. @) @)

When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Not exactly a word of warning, but being shapeways, if they are anything like mine, they have a grainy finish. I treated mine to a thin coat of Vallejo plastic putty (the one that comes in the paint type bottles) to smooth out some of the more visible areas.
The thing that worried me is that it says it's made of nylon. In my experience, pretty much nothing sticks well to nylon. I turned some fuel tanks for a ZTZ 99A from nylon and couldn't get any of my paints or primers to stick to them!
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Max-U52 wrote:
silversurfer1947 wrote:Not exactly a word of warning, but being shapeways, if they are anything like mine, they have a grainy finish. I treated mine to a thin coat of Vallejo plastic putty (the one that comes in the paint type bottles) to smooth out some of the more visible areas.
The thing that worried me is that it says it's made of nylon. In my experience, pretty much nothing sticks well to nylon. I turned some fuel tanks for a ZTZ 99A from nylon and couldn't get any of my paints or primers to stick to them!
To be honest, that's what bothers me. You can mix glue in with paint of similar thinner composition, but still not something to handle much.

For a primer coat that is.
I wonder if a glue and primer or paint mix would be good for smoothing 3D printed parts? I still haven't tried the polyurethane technique but it's on the list.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Sorry to get off track like that, Herman. So for Pete's sake, Man, what's the project? Don't be a tease. :haha:

I'm pretty sure Wayne is the registered rctw tease, anyway. @) @) @)
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Max-U52 wrote:Sorry to get off track like that, Herman. So for Pete's sake, Man, what's the project? Don't be a tease. :haha:

I'm pretty sure Wayne is the registered rctw tease, anyway. @) @) @)
Ohh hello sailorImage
Come on Herman what’s the project, this is like Chinese water torture....
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I primed mine using Halfords Grey Plastic Primer. The designer recommended white carpenters gue, which I assumed to be PVA, so i guess a thin wash of PVA would smooth and seal them. I have not had any problem with paint coming off, but they have not had any rough treatment.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

All great advice lads. I will need these civilian figures and though it won’t likely be me painting them, any info on the material prep is useful.
Attachments
RAMSCHAUFELPANZER
RAMSCHAUFELPANZER
4A61B441-B0F6-4756-9287-62F313B899A4.jpeg (21.23 KiB) Viewed 2427 times
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Wanted”