Hooben 1/16 sherman (fury)

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Hooben 1/16 sherman (fury)

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Morning all, has anyone bought the hooben fury Sherman yet? if so is it any good?

regards john :wave:
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Hooben 1/16 sherman (fury)

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

According to what I have seen in forums, IMHO it does not worth it.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tank ... an-e8.html
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Hi, thanks for the reply, think I will give it a miss looking at the comments made, I could do with finding the time and
getting my Tamiya Sherman built :thumbup:

regards john
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

I just picked one up over the weekend & its not bad so don't take what you saw over at RCU at face value - those are my photos posted a few days ago. Granted, its certainly not Tamiya grade but for the $200.00 I paid with TK22/MC6, I'd rate it above the basic HL & Trumpeter conversions & it outperforms the metal Mato M4A3 I have. It could use more weight & was told they have no idea when they'll release the planned metal upgrades. That said, Hooben is using MATO's gearbox so I'm playing with it now to see what I can retrofit between the assorted Tamy/Mato/Impact track & parts I have at my disposal. Will let you know how it goes.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:I just picked one up over the weekend & its not bad so don't take what you saw over at RCU at face value - those are my photos posted a few days ago. Granted, its certainly not Tamiya grade but for the $200.00 I paid with TK22/MC6, I'd rate it above the basic HL & Trumpeter conversions & it outperforms the metal Mato M4A3 I have. It could use more weight & was told they have no idea when they'll release the planned metal upgrades. That said, Hooben is using MATO's gearbox so I'm playing with it now to see what I can retrofit between the assorted Tamy/Mato/Impact track & parts I have at my disposal. Will let you know how it goes.
Does the suspension compress or just pivot?
cannedheat
Private

Post by cannedheat »

compress
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

cannedheat wrote:compress
Thanks stu, I'd seen else where said it was just pivot, feng showed videos with both so wanted to clarify!!

Have you got one?
cannedheat
Private

Post by cannedheat »

yes
present
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Doesn’t look as good as a Tamiya one but then for under $300 I wouldn’t expect it to be.
Harry Serpent
Private

Post by Harry Serpent »

Make your own ...Tamiya Sherman lower hull, HL M4a3 top hull and modified Mato Turret. :thumbup: :wave:

Harry Serpent Profesional Coffin Dodger.

Return to “General Questions”