New small cheap 3d Creality

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

New small cheap 3d Creality

Post by AlwynTurner »

Just spotted this, for anyone wanting to get started this looks like the a gem of a printer
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Creality-End ... Sw4nZaywZD

Smaller than the rigs some of us use, but should be a great starter for someone just beginning, and much more affordable. If I had the space I might be tempted to get one to cut down my print backlog! :crazy: :D

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: New small cheap 3d Creality

Post by RobW »

How stable a base would this need? Ie if put on a table would the floor flexing cause a problem?
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Rob, the more stable the base the better, but if the table is not wobbly then it shouldn't be an issue. I have put foam pads under the corners of my printer to reduce noise (which works amazingly well) and I don't have a problem at all. The Creality printers are incredibly solidly constructed and are much less susceptible to vibration than the early reprap prusa printers.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I use mine on a cheap Ikea table top with screw in legs, it prints just fine. The only thing that affects printing is the print head relative to the bed, and that can't move as the printer is bolted together. I've picked mine up, shoved it around etc while printing and it doesn't change anything. Someone even turned theirs upside down and it carried on regardless.

There are a couple of small printers that produce excellent results.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Woz »

Small printer

Bloody hell that's got a bigger build area then mine which cost £800 four years ago.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Defo think i am going for the Ender after the research i done and talking to people.
Means i can get a real taste for 3D printing and maybe setup a space for it in my house to help with the models. I was resistant at first, but you Alwyn, Wayne(midlife) & Gary(max-u52) have opened my eyes to this cool world.

My wife has even told me to get on and buy one so she can use it to make stuff aswell! There's support if ever i heard any. Although worried she probably want to use it more than me!!!! haha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “3D Printing”