WC64 KD Ambulance

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

WC64 KD Ambulance

Post by Max-U52 »

It will be a while before any more gets done on this, because the Hetzer and the WC51 are ahead of it on the priority list, but I have gotten the Ambulance basics printed out. Naturally Wayne also has the files so he'll probably get one together before I do. I think this is going to make a very, very cool truck, and that huge box will hide all kinds of electronics. I'm tempted to try making it into a repair vehicle for IR battles. Some hidden receivers and an emitter behind the grill and you could run around restoring your Buds. 8)

This would also be a great FPV truck with all that hidden space. I could also hide a huge battery back there, too. One big enough to run the trucks for days. Nights, even. Well, maybe not that long, but I bet a 5000 mah 2S lipo would run this little thing for at least two hours.

Y'all know I'll keep ya posted. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: WC64 KD Ambulance

Post by midlife306 »

Hi Gary,
Chassis & pickup bed printed, I’m printing the main box today & the roof tomorrow, then I will have caught you up
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Oh yes, very COOL :)

Wayne i gonna put a list together please of lots of 3D printed goodies, i want to build some of these vehicles aswell and get in on the action.
Maybe i can fit a 3D printer in my new conservatory!!!!!
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

My finger is hovering over the print button

Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Any update on your builds? :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Will01Capri wrote:Any update on your builds? :)
It will be awhile before I get to the ambulance. Right now I'm working on the cckw deuce and a half. Once I get a rolling chassis I'll probably do a video and start a thread on that truck, but I'm going to cheat, I'm sending two complete truck kits to a friend and he's going to build both and send me back one.

You really should get a printer. The possibilities are endless.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Will, I’ve just bought a Creality Ender 3 for £170 & it’s brilliant in comparison to my old Anet A8. It’s so good I may buy another in a few weeks.
I have an ambulance, a 6wd & 3 4wd’s printed out. I only have a 4wd as a roller though.
The only stuff you need from the WPL are the axles & springs.
I’m almost at the same point as Gary with the Deuce, a day or two from a roller, it’s lookin brill, chunky chassis with integrated spring & servo mounts. The cab is printing today, firewall, bonnet sides & fenders will print tomorrow
I’ll put some pics up when I get home.
Cheers
Wayne

Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

3D printer would be cool. But I sticking tools skool a wee while longer.
I spend enough of my day doing CAD anyway so wouldn't want to spend my evenings aswell haha.

I am working on a petrol pump for a 30s gas station at moment so will share that with you guys. Could send a step file easily enough in case anyone wants one.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
midlife306

WC64 KD Ambulance

Post by midlife306 »

Hi Will, an STL file would be ideal but I think we can load OBJ files.
Here’s the pics I promised earlier
Ambulance

4wd roller

6wd waiting some love

And here’s the Deuce & a half chassis getting pissed off waiting for the printer to hurry upImage

Parts of the Deuce cab on the printer now, I did 2 steering wheels expecting one to be rubbish but they’ve come out wellImage

Cheers
Wayne

grundvig.aaron
Recruit

Post by grundvig.aaron »

Hey friends, my name is Aaron, just joined the forum. I've been trying for months to make a wc 51 stl file to fit wpl drive train with not much success. Im wondering if theses files are available? Im impressed by your prints, what software do you use to create these detailed wc models? Thanks!

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”