HengLong T-90 detail up

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

HengLong T-90 detail up

Post by kintaroukinji »

As for WW II tank, I understand almost what kind of equipments or OVM are attached, but I do not know enough about modern tanks. For example, in the Heng Long T90 tank, I did not understand at first what the single rod protruding like a horn on both sides of the root of the gun barrel. When I investigate the picture of the actual T90, I noticed that this is not a single rod but a V shaped arm that lifts the gun barrel.
Looking at another place of the HL T90 tank, the handle is simply molded on the upper side of the left and right rear fender, but I can see handles of exactly different shapes at the same place of real T90 tanks and 1/35 MengModel tank. Considering from the real tank picture, this may be a metal fitting and handle that fixes the drop-in type container to prevent the container from jumping up by the impact when the tank is running. When pulling up the container, the bolt of this metal fitting would be removed to use this handle.
Since the right side container would be a fuel tank, it seems that a protective boad is attached to the rear part of fuel tank to prevent damage from the wire rope hanging work etc.
Here, I have upgraded these parts.

If my reasoning is incorrect, please let me know.
Attachments
the handle above the rear fender(left)
the handle above the rear fender(left)
the handle above the rear fender(right)
the handle above the rear fender(right)
lifting arm of barrel
lifting arm of barrel
Last edited by kintaroukinji on Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

HengLong T-90 detail up

Post by kintaroukinji »

I placed the parts on the photograph of the real T90 tank. I will also post pictures of original molded handles before detailing.
Attachments
original before detailing
original before detailing
the parts on the actual tank photo
the parts on the actual tank photo
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Re: Add detail up

Post by kintaroukinji »

I added several things that were missing in HengLong T90 tank. The gun camera in the anti-aircraft machine gun and the operation arm joint, deformed periscope, and the underside of the gun barrel lifting arm which is omitted.
I erased the parting line at the top of the AA machine gun and added a little detail and rounded off the corners of the discharge cartridge bag.
Attachments
AA machine gun top
AA machine gun top
Added lifting arm
Added lifting arm
added gun camera and arm joint
added gun camera and arm joint
Harry Serpent
Private

Re: HengLong T-90 detail up

Post by Harry Serpent »

Nice work. :thumbup: The HL T-90 is an early Type, and most have now been sold for export. :wave:
Harry Serpent Profesional Coffin Dodger.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Harry Serpent wrote:Nice work. :thumbup: The HL T-90 is an early Type, and most have now been sold for export. :wave:
Thank you for your comment.
As you say, the HL T-90 tank model is an early type and has a cast turret. I heard that HL copied 1/35 scale Trumpeter model. MengModel's T-90 tank is a recently welded turret type (Uladimir), slightly different in shape from the early type.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

HengLong T-90 detail up

Post by kintaroukinji »

Furthermore, I got a little detail up the parts omitted in Heng Long T 90. First I opened a rectangular hole around the exhaust port.?I added remodeling around the exhaust port, exhaust port top cover, tiny grab handles and upper rib fixing bolts on the side skirts, and bar and conduit pipe on the upper hull.
The detail up of this T90 tank now is done when I come up with it and want to do it. I think that there is no need to stick to that much, but on the other hand I cannot help detailing up when I know that detail. For modern tanks with complex shapes, there are quite a lot of materials to make up for detailing. I think that HengLong 1/16 scale seems to be in the category of toys, unless it has at least 1/35 scale MM model level or higher detail.
Attachments
added bar
added bar
added conduit pipe
added conduit pipe
detailing up around exhaust port
detailing up around exhaust port
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Re: exhaust port detail up

Post by kintaroukinji »

I will detail the complicated shaped exhaust ports a little more. I cut a thin copper sheet and bent to make the top cover of the exhaust port. The mounting bolt on the cover is made by attaching plastic hexagon bolt of MengModel to a copper sheet. Next is the cover that I made on the real exhaust port picture. Just put this on the original exhaust port.
Attachments
Exhaust cover put on the original port
Exhaust cover put on the original port
Exhaust cover on the picture
Exhaust cover on the picture
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

laser rangefinder cover

Post by kintaroukinji »

Since the laser rangefinder cover on the turret is also different shape and thickness from the real one, I removed the original cover and made it with a thin copper plate.
Attachments
new rangefinder cover with copper plate
new rangefinder cover with copper plate
removed original rangefinder cover
removed original rangefinder cover
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

I felt something wrong with the molded rod behind the engine Inlet shutter of Heng Long T 90 tank. I cut off this molded rod and rebuilt this rod with brass material and plastic material, referring to the real tank photograph.
Furthermore, since some bolts are omitted in the vicinity of the rod, I added them.
Attachments
A new rod
A new rod
A new rod attached to the removed mold rod location
A new rod attached to the removed mold rod location
DSC_Lod 0692_01.JPG (70.42 KiB) Viewed 6674 times
Real tank photo and made rod
Real tank photo and made rod
a molded rod out of box
a molded rod out of box
DSC_Lod 0683_01.JPG (84.74 KiB) Viewed 6674 times
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

What I got in this time is this double speed turret rotation gear unit. The casing and gear are made of metal. As for a modern tank currently in use, the turret rotation speed of HengLong' is too slow, it seems just right at about twice the speed. There would be a method to replace the motor in the unit to a high performance motor for mini 4WD, but if I do not insert the proper resistance there is a possibility that the motor and controller will burn. In this time, as a safe way, I used the DKLM RC 2 × Fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWumg5Evwsg
Attachments
DSC_Turret 0643_01.JPG
DSC_Turret 0643_01.JPG (89.41 KiB) Viewed 6636 times

Return to “Modern Tanks”