HL Challenger 2 Design fault?

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
IV(AC)
Recruit

HL Challenger 2 Design fault?

Post by IV(AC) »

Hi Folks, I'm just wondering if there's a design fault on the Heng Long Challenger 2's?

The reason I ask is I've now had two units delivered both with the track support rollers snapped off. Both were the pro version with metal Gearbox/track/drive wheels.

The seem easy enough to repair in that you can easily put a screw in from the inside, but when manually spinning the tracks they catch a LOT on the support rollers, especially the front and back ones (the middle ones are different....
Its possible that the metal tracks rip the top track support rollers off the chassis?

Steve
IV(AC)
Recruit

Re: HL Challenger 2 Design fault?

Post by IV(AC) »

No other Chally owners?
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

I have one, metal version purchased at Christmas....arrived is fine order.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Not had a problem with mine but I only ran the plastic support rollers for a few hours before I took them off and replaced them with DKLM metal ones, they do seem quite fragile I guess
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi.
I have the pro edition version with the metal track / idler wheel and sprocket and gearboxes and other than the tracks being slightly slack ( which will be rectified by some scratch built auto tensioners ) and other scratch built modifications works fine with no issues.
Could it be the tracks being too slack and catching the rollers ? ?.
Regards
Sub.

Return to “Modern Tanks”