My Gaz 66

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Ferny
Lance Corporal

Re: My Gaz 66

Post by Ferny »

Electrics refitted just need some Velcro to secure the battery ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Ferny
Lance Corporal

Post by Ferny »

Steering upgrade done for less than a fiver ! Works a treat removes most of the wobble from the front end and increase steering lockImage

Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Nice upgrade.
I used rubber O-rings on mine, but this looks neat and very strong.
Can you share a link for the steering linkages?
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Ferny
Lance Corporal

Post by Ferny »

Here you go

https://m.banggood.com/10pcs-2_5mm-RC-B ... mds=search

The tie rod is made from 2 rod ends for rc planes soldered together, I had to drill out the rod ends to make it fit as is a 3mm thread The drag link is joined with a small self tapper with the head cut off.

Ferny
Lance Corporal

Post by Ferny »

Up graded the axles with some metal parts from aliexpress which arrived in under a week.

A few problems along the way which needed a work around.

1. The bearings supplied on the axle were to wide to fit in the correct place but the 4 supplied for the pinion were perfect!

2. The dog bone pins were too short

3.They knock out easily and were replaced with with a 180 motor shaft cut to length!ImageImageImage

Ferny
Lance Corporal

Post by Ferny »

2 speed transmission arrived today!Image

Ferny
Lance Corporal

Post by Ferny »

2 speed transmission is in just need repack all the electrics, have hidden the esc in one of the fuel tanks Image

wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Yet more magical mods on an HL truck. It seems that the possibilities are endless??
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Ferny
Lance Corporal

Post by Ferny »

They are not with out there faults, but to fair I broke a 300 quid hpi monster truck the first time I used it lol. I have big plans for this little truck

Ferny
Lance Corporal

Post by Ferny »

So been working on this on and off for a while and it's nearly done! Just complete strip down to fit new chassis rails now I have perfected the suspension.

The upgraded leaf spring kit while quite well made, gives to much lift and some tips the axles to much ( photo 1)

So replaced the kit parts with some shackles made from brass strip. Also replaced the kit bushes with my own made from styrene tube with brass inserts.

New chassis will have brass bushes soldered on to to replace the random pits of plastic!

Now the 2 speed transmission: the servo supplied was rubbish and for some reason would not play the game when setting the end points. So was replaced, which due to the size of the splines meant I had to fabricate a custom linkage!

Wheel nuts: Got these for my 1/10 truck but they don't fit my new wheels. Slightly over scale but look better than cross head screws ( devils own work in my opinion!)
Drilled and tapped hubs to 2.5m and drilled wheels to 3mm. Need of the kits in photo as they come with special odd sized socket. ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”