HengLong T-90 detail up

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

HengLong T-90 detail up

Post by kintaroukinji »

Hello everyone.
I detailed up my HengLong T-90 tank.
I installed BEIER-Electronic 's sound board USM - HL 2, downloaded the actual T 90 tank sound from YouTube, and edited it using Audacity. The remodeling is as follows.

• Convert BB spec to barrel recoil and gun flash specification
• Gun flash of anti-aircraft machine gun on cupola using chip LED.
• 360 ° turret rotation using slip ring
• Added periscope
• IR Shtora, marker light, side marker light, added rear headlight on wind sensor pole, searchlight on turret, and brake light were remodelded to light up.
• Added rectifying fin board to engine exaust port
• Change the stock headlight guard to brass wire
• Detail up the back of commander cupora hatch
• Speaker exchange
•Removal of molded front fender fixing rod and making it by brass wire
Lighting
Lighting
•Since the vertical space inside the tank is narrow, remove the battery box.
•Change upper and lower hulls to removable magnet type
I sprayed the surface primer of oxide red on a metal track, and sprayed AFV TRACK COLOR (No. 06) of MODEL KASTEN COLOR with an air brush. For expressing dust, I painted conte pastel shaving powder dissolved in PETROLE.
After attaching this track to the tank and running it several times, the painting of the contact surface of the track with the ground and wheels will peel off and become more realistic.
Attachments
Battery box removed
Battery box removed
Tank top
Tank top
Metal track painting
Metal track painting
Engine exaust port
Engine exaust port
Brake light & rear headlight
Brake light & rear headlight
Front fender fixing rod
Front fender fixing rod
Rear headlight & commander hatch
Rear headlight & commander hatch
DSC_HL0523_01.JPG (98 KiB) Viewed 8240 times
Last edited by kintaroukinji on Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Re: HengLong T-90 detail up

Post by Marco Peter »

Excellent!
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Marco Peter wrote:Excellent!
Thank you.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Well done you sir :clap:
Thank you.
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

Nice! I really like the little marker-lights. Shouldn’t be too hard to replicate for me, since the red and green LED can be soldered parallel to a cable. They are 3mm?

One specific question : what do You mean by “tip LED” ? Did You use some kind of SMD-LED for the AA gun? Or did You maybe replace the barrel with hollow rod and a small glass fiber with a 3mm LED hidden in the body of the gun? (A trick I used on my Challenger II to great effect)

I’m busy working on one of my T-90’s, and really want that big AA gun to flash too when triggering the machine gun.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Thank you for your comments and questions.
What I used for Cupora gun and brake light is 1608 LED Chip of 1.6 mm × 0.8 mm × 0.6 mmt, not 3 mm LED. I soldered 0.3 mm enamel wire to this. The following is a picture of the lit Chip LED, 3 mm LED and brake light.
I'm sorry. Tip LED is wrong with Chip LED.
Attachments
Brake light
Brake light
DSC_0234_01.JPG (62.95 KiB) Viewed 8125 times
Chip LED & 3mmLED
Chip LED & 3mmLED
DSC_TipLED0541_01.JPG (84.46 KiB) Viewed 8125 times
Chip LED & 3mmLED
Chip LED & 3mmLED
DSC_TipLED0536_01.JPG (66.96 KiB) Viewed 8125 times
Last edited by kintaroukinji on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

Thank You for the information.

I’m afraid, though, that chip leds are a no-go for me. Bad eyesight and shaky hands aren’t the best when trying to solder enamel wire to 1mm objects. I think I’ll go with the parallel 3mm led for the lighting, and go for the glassfiber solution for the gun. The body is big enough for a 3mm led.

Thanks anyways.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Is that so. Since it seemed to be difficult for me to make lighting and external AA gun flash using glassfiber, I used this chip LED.
Indeed the Chip LED is very small and initially I thought that soldering would be difficult for me. However, since the Chip LED is very inexpensive (since it is about 2 dollars for 20 pieces, the shipping fee is higher), so even if you fail this work would be less damaging. I placed the Chip LED on a flat plate with a double-sided adhesive tape and also positioned the end of the enamel wire (plated with solder beforehand) with a double-sided adhesive tape, and soldered it carefully so as not to too heat much..
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

I will attach a YouTube of this HengLong T - 90. Since the turret rotation motor is a stock one, the rotation speed is slow as a modern tank. I will replace this motor with a faster motor in the future.
https://youtu.be/aILBvXDmA9g
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Wow, that TIP LED looks like what they use in COB lamps, didn't realise you could get them individually. I have COB lamps in my kitchen and bathroom ceilings, they're very bright.

They are pretty new LED technology.

Edit: Well, new for the open market and consumers.

Certainly it will be easier to work if a very small COB lamp or tape Chip LED can be used. However, even COB and tape LEDs are too large to incorporate the lighting function into the tail lamp parts of this T90 tank. Anyway, Chip LED and enamel wire are very cheap, although soldering work is necessary. I also failed several times, but soldering the Chip LED is not so difficult after grabbing the trick. Although it costs a little, soldered Chip LED of ED wiring is also sold as a product.

Return to “Modern Tanks”