1:16 Blue Star Models/ An-Bri Hetzer Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: 1:16 Blue Star Models/ An-Bri Hetzer Build

Post by Raminator »

Looks like you've got yourself another great project lined up Carl, nice one. The Hetzer's a favourite of mine, it's a shame that such an effective (and cute!) little vehicle doesn't get the love it deserves.

Does the Blue Star kit have a metal insert in the lower hull? Looks like it'd be a good base for an R/C conversion, particularly with all the metal running gear bits you've accumulated.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Raminator wrote:Looks like you've got yourself another great project lined up Carl, nice one. The Hetzer's a favourite of mine, it's a shame that such an effective (and cute!) little vehicle doesn't get the love it deserves.

Does the Blue Star kit have a metal insert in the lower hull? Looks like it'd be a good base for an R/C conversion, particularly with all the metal running gear bits you've accumulated.
Hi there :wave: no the an bri hetzer had the meat insert. Once I have time I will sort both kits completely and see what parts can be used from both Image
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I wasn't sure if BlueStar was even still around. I got those photo etch t-34 bed spring armor pieces from him, along with a bunch of end caps for 200 L German fuel drums, but I haven't heard from him since. Have you had any direct contact with BlueStar? Are they still a going concern? It looks like you got a great hetzer kit, but I'm afraid it's going to be a little bit too small to put a .50 caliber paintball gun in it. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

midlife306 wrote:Alwyn/Rob??
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would quite easy to do the upper hull..the lower would take a fair amount of time. Take a look at the project 704, it's pretty much the same approach. As long as I had the dimensions and angles it could be done. I might try and find some decent blueprints when I have some time to spare, though in my experience not all blueprints are quite what the term infers, they are more accurately described as line drawings. :problem:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

There you go :D

The ideal thing would be to get hold of a PAK 40 gun kit like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PaK-40-75mm- ... 2940574940

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just needs a trailer to fit the battery, control board, receiver and speaker. :D ..and as for the gearboxes?? You lose half the lower hull due to the crew area.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Yup, this is where the phrase 'putting a quart into a pint pot' comes to mind! :/

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I'm sure it could be done
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Oops, no I didn't, m.heng-long-panzer.de/item/32383630 have a resin kit €76

Alwyn

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Taking a break from the Tiger build, I wanted to get the hetzer kits unpacked and start to make sense of how each are designed and how I will go. So far, the resin static kit is far superior in detail, but that is to be expected. I've considered building one or both. Image

Not near the decision point yet, so I took some pictures of the uppers for comparison. The An bri kit is a bit shorter in length so that may pose a problem. The more I look at them, the more ideas I have. The best is for me to clean both kits up. Lay them out and start to make sense of the puzzle :think:

I for sure don't want a static model.

The An bri kit is by far more rugged, yet the blue star hetzer has rc possibilities too. I guess a pair of hetzers isn't so bad?ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Other Builds”