Unusual Tiger I

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Unusual Tiger I

Post by Soeren »

And these people aren't wearing summer clothes for sure. On the other hand, you date range would identify the production time of the tiger but not necessarily when the picture was taken.
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Great picture and info guys.
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Soeren wrote:And these people aren't wearing summer clothes for sure. On the other hand, you date range would identify the production time of the tiger but not necessarily when the picture was taken.
This is true, the picture could have been taken a year after the tank was knocked out.

Great picture and discussion Carl Image
Thanks Mick. I think it's a wonderful diversion from reality and keeps us engaged in kind banter
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

And then there is the possibility of photo shop :/ . It sounds weird but I have seen bizarre threads on historical forums leading to someone uncovering the actual "before" photo. :problem:

My problem with it is of course a tank with that turret would have had the original wheels. It is possible that it is a Frankenstein end of war job but if this is the case they were done with adding zimmerit by then.

Also if you notice, Hitler is standing right in the middle of the picture, another signal that someone may of had some fun :haha:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hi there, the paint looks rough, could this be zimmerit? The moustache on the young fella besides the tank was quite prevalent at that time, even outside the realms of nazidome.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

I’m going to have my hair cut like Donald Trump!
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Just remember Mr. Charlie Chaplin.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Soeren wrote:Hi there, the paint looks rough, could this be zimmerit? The moustache on the young fella besides the tank was quite prevalent at that time, even outside the realms of nazidome.
If you look close it is not the standard zimmerit coat for a tiger, it looks rough, no in line work, texture is almost like mud or plaster. It is not paint peeling. If this picture is real it challenges alot of information and should be investigated.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Jnewboy wrote:
Soeren wrote:Hi there, the paint looks rough, could this be zimmerit? The moustache on the young fella besides the tank was quite prevalent at that time, even outside the realms of nazidome.
If you look close it is not the standard zimmerit coat for a tiger, it looks rough, no in line work, texture is almost like mud or plaster. It is not paint peeling. If this picture is real it challenges alot of information and should be investigated.
That is for sure.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Return to “General Questions”