Tamiya price hike

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Tamiya price hike

Post by 971wright »

Hi Seen the posts above, best way to deal with this is a total boycott don't buy any Tamiya products, if all the forums spread this, they would soon back down because with no sales at all they would have to sell stuff cheaper or go bust.

regards pete
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Spoke to AAF museum and this technically only applies to advertised prices so they're implementing a work around. Good news for us. But doesn't change the fact this is a giant dick move from tamiya.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
I'm very glad now that I squirreled away my Tamiya Tiger kit some time ago. As far as getting that Pz IV or Sherman, it's definitely going to be rebuilding someone elses odd job off of Ebay I'm afraid. People don't buy their tank kits enmass because of the high retail costs so they have to be sold discounted to have any appreciable sales at all...what to do? Why enforce no discounts of course! Who thinks this sort of thing up???
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Wow. I love Tamiya, but this is ridiculous. The second model I ever built was the 1/35 Tamiya M1 Abrams.

But, they have fallen behind the times. Other manufacturers make better detailed kits now. This is going to hurt them.
HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

Post by HammerWihoutASickle »

Well, there goes my hopes of saving up to buy a JSDF Type 10; what a pity.

When I came to the US, I blew most of my budget on Tamiya 1/35 scale tanks. The last one I built was the M1A2 Abrams with that godly bulldozer in the front. Their kits are amazing, but now it seems I have to stick with Revell and Airfix, like before. I think I'll try Zvesda and Trumpeter now to replace these kits.
I hope they ship to India; unlike Tamiya.

Probably a good thing, because I'm basically a vagabond after graduation at this point of life.
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6
Heng Long Challenger 2 (credit to rctankmodified)

I ask too many questions.
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Didn't Games Workshop try this a few years ago?
hedgepig
Recruit

Post by hedgepig »

Maccrage wrote:Didn't Games Workshop try this a few years ago?
I don't think there isn't anything that GW didn't do to try and squeeze the last £ out of their customers. Didn't work so well for them either! Although they appear to be moving in a much better direction now.

Oh well, and I was saving up for a Sherman so I could do a replica Fury. Forget that now!
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

hedgepig wrote:Oh well, and I was saving up for a Sherman so I could do a replica Fury. Forget that now!
There's Heng Long with a DKLM HVSS kit. No idea about the turret.
hedgepig
Recruit

Post by hedgepig »

RobW wrote:
hedgepig wrote:Oh well, and I was saving up for a Sherman so I could do a replica Fury. Forget that now!
Great idea thanks! One of the Mato turrets should work I think.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

hedgepig wrote:
RobW wrote:
Great idea thanks! One of the Mato turrets should work I think.
Be warned the dklm supension is of intresting quality, chap I know had some issues with his, being fdm 3d printed the textures rough.

You're best bet hedgepig is to buy a second hand tamiya and either get the taigen turret or nick Aguilar does a resin conversation.

Return to “General Discussion”