PAPER PANZER BUILD

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: PAPER PANZER BUILD

Post by c.rainford73 »

I've done a bit more work to this monster and ordered some more Tamiya sprues from the AAF tank museum store. Added a cupola from a Tamiya King Tiger, drilled out the gun mantlet to accept the IR flash and recoil connections.

I have on order an Aber cupola hatch. Aber metal debris screens, and some other detail bits from EBay.

I decided to keep the ammunition crane in tact. Thought it would add a bit of conversation to the piece. The rest of the crane I'm rebuilding so it won't be added until the very end.

The Tamiya tank commander is just to give a glimpse of some future detail.

Had to add a coat of primer and now I can start to sand and add the detail bits this week. (Much sanding and filling) Image

Transmissions should be here this weekImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

“Joe, that crazy neighbor is out in the street with his weird toys again”

Why don’t you try taigen steel late tracks me Rainford?
We all want to know if they fit and if not, what it takes to do so.
Be better than rare and expensive Tamiya ones, and I’m under the impression they don’t do late tracks anyway.
At least you will have plenty of access to spares as time goes on .
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:“Joe, that crazy neighbor is out in the street with his weird toys again”

Why don’t you try taigen steel late tracks me Rainford?
We all want to know if they fit and if not, what it takes to do so.
Be better than rare and expensive Tamiya ones, and I’m under the impression they don’t do late tracks anyway.
At least you will have plenty of access to spares as time goes on .
Funny you mention that mr Bix, I'm strongly considering the exact same thing. Worst case if they don't work I have plenty of tanks to fit them in the futureImage on Mr Forgebear's site it states they will fit the Tamiya tiger I and that way I can have the late version tracks
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Some more bits added. Taking Mr Bix's advice a beautiful set of Taigen late Tiger I tracks are on order from Dave.

Schumo commanders hatch will be fitted soon. Aber metal debris screens are in place.

Many Tamiya sprues have arrived from the AAF tank museum here in the states.

Tamiya front sprockets are fitted.

So much fun taking this from a tiger to a sturmtiger thanks to the details on the Tamiya tiger I kit.

Remember this a purely fictional beast so I've taken liberties with the build.Image

As always thank you for lookingImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Some very tasty work going on here Carl! I really like the fusion of tiger and king tiger parts to make something really unique.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

This is gonna be a whole new tank. I still wonder, does it tip down frontally due to this long barrel?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren wrote:This is gonna be a whole new tank. I still wonder, does it tip down frontally due to this long barrel?
No actually, it's quite balanced and I will assemble and show youImage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

tomhugill wrote:Some very tasty work going on here Carl! I really like the fusion of tiger and king tiger parts to make something really unique.
Thanks so much Tom! Just want to do it justice and make it interestingImage
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl!
I've been following along on this one in between flailing at the Stuart build and searching for parts to upgrade the 'Palace'. It is a beauty! Check the overhang of the casemate on the Tigers rear deck. Something about that pinged my eyes but you know, it could just be me.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Carl!
I've been following along on this one in between flailing at the Stuart build and searching for parts to upgrade the 'Palace'. It is a beauty! Check the overhang of the casemate on the Tigers rear deck. Something about that pinged my eyes but you know, it could just be me.
regards,
Painless
Thanks Mr Painless. I will do that Image

Return to “Other Builds”