e-mail for Axel's

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: e-mail for Axel's

Post by dgsselkirk »

Here is the response.

Hi Dean,

the reason is, that we normally only ship parcels, as they are insured and trackable. Also you can add other stuff to have more weight. There is no difference in sending a 1kg or 3kg parcel to Canada.

Problem is the package I want him to ship to me MIGHT weigh 200 grams. Oh well, on to plan B....
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Sometimes I dont understand what is going wrong with the shipping charges in our hobby.

Why cant axels modellbau send with reasonable prices abroad?
Why seidl modellbau now refuses to send outside Germany, even to his neighbours (I am living in Austria) and old customers like myself? I used to buy all Tamiya parts and kits to him.

Why almost everything you can buy at Aliexpress has free shipping no matter the size except the heng long parts where they charge us 7-8 bucks for a tiny micro piece?

I dont know if those people are just rich enough with their sales in Germany, or are lazy to send outside or maybe they want to ruin their business...
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:Sometimes I dont understand what is going wrong with the shipping charges in our hobby.

Why seidl modellbau now refuses to send outside Germany, even to his neighbours (I am living in Austria) and old customers like myself? I used to buy all Tamiya parts and kits to him.

Why almost everything you can buy at Aliexpress has free shipping no matter the size except the heng long parts where they charge us 7-8 bucks for a tiny micro piece?

I dont know if those people are just rich enough with their sales in Germany, or are lazy to send outside or maybe they want to ruin their business...
China's postal service is hugely subsidised by the goverment. It's not a fair comparison. I can see why with PayPal generally siding with the buyer that a company would insist on sending everything tracked and signed. What I don't understand is why this can't be done as a jiffy bag, maybe it doesn't make any difference price wise, I don't know.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

tomhugill wrote:
Rad_Schuhart wrote:Sometimes I dont understand what is going wrong with the shipping charges in our hobby.

China's postal service is hugely subsidised by the goverment. It's not a fair comparison. I can see why with PayPal generally siding with the buyer that a company would insist on sending everything tracked and signed. What I don't understand is why this can't be done as a jiffy bag, maybe it doesn't make any difference price wise, I don't know.
Hi Tom, I think you did not get my point. I am not comparing China postal services with the European ones... I am talking about of the two main german sellers, one refuses to send outside Germany and the other does it but with atrociuos rates.

And about aliexpress, what I mean is I can buy big and heavy tools, car parts of whatever in china for 3 euros free shipping... But what happens if you want to buy a random heng long parts? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HENG-LO ... autifyAB=0

Five euros for the part, 6,38 euros for the shipping. Thats what I dont understand. And they are shipping from the same cities as the other hundreds of aliexpress orders I did. Why aliexpress tank part sellers charge so high shipping rates when most of the shipments from there are for free?
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Sorry I did missread your bit about aliexpress shipping g rates, I do agree that seems very strange. I've just ordered a Lego train clone off Ali express and paid £1.30 (yes one pound third pence) extra to have my order sent via DHL. If I wanted to do that in the UK back to China that would have cost me £20 - 30 easy to ship back via DHL. So go figure!
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

tomhugill wrote:Sorry I did missread your bit about aliexpress shipping g rates, I do agree that seems very strange. I've just ordered a Lego train clone off Ali express and paid £1.30 (yes one pound third pence) extra to have my order sent via DHL. If I wanted to do that in the UK back to China that would have cost me £20 - 30 easy to ship back via DHL. So go figure!
Warning! Aliexpress + DHL / EMS usually (but not always) leads to custom charges!

Lol, I did not know you have Lego too. I used to create my own things, but then I discovered the RC tanks and so on and I abandoned them.

Take a look to this, it was one of my best creations back in the day.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/99630055@ ... 861479607/
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
tomhugill wrote:Sorry I did missread your bit about aliexpress shipping g rates, I do agree that seems very strange. I've just ordered a Lego train clone off Ali express and paid £1.30 (yes one pound third pence) extra to have my order sent via DHL. If I wanted to do that in the UK back to China that would have cost me £20 - 30 easy to ship back via DHL. So go figure!
Warning! Aliexpress + DHL / EMS usually (but not always) leads to custom charges!

Lol, I did not know you have Lego too. I used to create my own things, but then I discovered the RC tanks and so on and I abandoned them.

Take a look to this, it was one of my best creations back in the day.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/99630055@ ... 861479607/
Wow that's incredible! Im dabbling in Lego trains with a view to a garden railway. Fingers crossed, my brother ordered the same set and it didnt incur a charge but we will see!
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Abroad are very high and especially when tracking and priority services are included. But once wanted to by tiny stuff from MK and while it would have been possible to put this into a padded envelope they would not do that. Jumped to 7 € parcel service for 30 screws for the tank wheels. I added some pieces to make the shipping cost reasonable and that was for national shipping. !
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Soeren wrote:Abroad are very high and especially when tracking and priority services are included. But once wanted to by tiny stuff from MK and while it would have been possible to put this into a padded envelope they would not do that. Jumped to 7 € parcel service for 30 screws for the tank wheels. I added some pieces to make the shipping cost reasonable and that was for national shipping. !
And that right there folks is what I call down here........

A PISS TAKE

humans will always take the route of least effort and expense.

Not willing to actually go out and genuinely send the items with the best interest of the buyer(repeat client) in mind.
And every time we decide to reel back in terror with the price of shipping yet carry on to ADD items to the sale to ":make it worth it" only vindicate to the upselling and lazy service.
Any one here familiar with "would you like fries with that" ?

Me ?

No, did I ask for fries ?
take that back to your handlers/franchise owners/managers, and tell them I did not ask for fries, I dont want fries, and I am quite happy to sit here holding up the drive in line to discuss the point for as long as I decide is long enough to ruin the potential upselling profit margin that the owner wants to try an inflict me with by training you to ask me if I wanted fries when I clearly did not ever ask for them, and if I change my mind and do want fries, your minions will scurry around and fetch ,as thats the lazy mindset your training has programmed you respnd to.................

Oi, Axel or(insert your supplier)..................you want to sell me stuff ?
You dont want me to bag your business to thousands of potential customers regarding your outrageous postal charges around the planet as thats what the internet can do?
You want to actually engage in proper customer service like (pick a place and TRUST ME , I have examples ) that seem to be able to ship at a reasonable price that I know can be done except by you ?
Yes ?
Get your actual ass to a Deutche Poste branch and carry out actual Customer Service............oh, and by the way, I want the V.A.T. taken off because thats the current commerce export rules.
And if thats too hard, I will make the stuff myself, or buy it elsewhere, or just go without, but bag you every chance I get along the way to a cast of thousands.........

If it don't sit right= don't cop it.

And Google Translate works good enough to understand dissatisfaction.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

Well said Herman! So Axel came back and here is the new response:

Dear Mr.Godin,
we can send a register Letter. No tracking outside Germany, no insurance, long delivery time. Price: 10,50 EURO.
Please make a order in our shop. But please pay not!!! Please waiting for our invoice. We send you a paypal invoice.

So he did come back with a cheaper solution only because I bugged him on every social media platform. NOW if this was me I told him what I want and he knows what I want if this was me with my customer I would have said I can send you the invoice if you approve right away and get it out the door to save time. No, instead he wants me to go through all the work of going through his crappy website and try and figure out how to place an order without paying for it and wait for his invoice...

I have decided to make my own. They will not be as pretty but they will get the job done... :D
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov

Return to “General Questions”