JS3

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
wibblywobbly
Major

JS3

Post by wibblywobbly »

Having done the Project 704, I got the Russian bug, :D

I was looking around for something to do, and as I already have the dimensions for the KV hull, a JS3 seemed a logical choice. The lower hull will be shop bought, the upper hull will be fairly easy to do, and the turret will be an absolute nightmare to get right I reckon. It's got to be worth a go though! :haha:
HTB1jtcqIXXXXXa5XVXXq6xXFXXXU.jpg
JS3a .png
JS3a .png (33.93 KiB) Viewed 4560 times
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: JS3

Post by midlife306 »

You're on a roll Wibbs, good choice
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Can you create curves and loft a surface in your CAD tool?
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I can create a 2D outline and then extrude that in a circle. The turret isn't round so it will take a bit of inventive creationism to get the shape right. It's all do-able, it just needs the application of the old grey matter. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
biertje
Private

Post by biertje »

Nice project I could get you the turret fils from wot they will do the job I think.

Greetings tim
fear naught
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Wibbly, if I were you I would take Tim up on his offer, he did a great job of getting me the Chieftain turret STL, I still have to print it but I managed to hollow it out and slice it into manageable layers. Great job Tim :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

biertje wrote:Nice project I could get you the turret fils from wot they will do the job I think.

Greetings tim
If you are happy to do that, I will accept your generous offer. I well remember doing a Chieftain turret, and the time it took to get it right...not helped by the errors in the Tamiya 1/35 model. 8O
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
biertje
Private

Post by biertje »

AlwynTurner wrote:Hi Wibbly, if I were you I would take Tim up on his offer, he did a great job of getting me the Chieftain turret STL, I still have to print it but I managed to hollow it out and slice it into manageable layers. Great job Tim :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
Thanks mate :thumbup:
wibblywobbly wrote:
biertje wrote:Nice project I could get you the turret fils from wot they will do the job I think.

Greetings tim
If you are happy to do that, I will accept your generous offer. I well remember doing a Chieftain turret, and the time it took to get it right...not helped by the errors in the Tamiya 1/35 model. 8O
I knew you would so I already started work on the file. howe stried down do you want the turret?
This is what I have now. should I take off any of the parts?

Greetings tim
fear naught
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

You read my mind? :D

Ok, that looks good. I can hollow it out by creating a second file at 98% scale and removing it from the original. If it needs any post printing work I can sort it out with Milliput and sanding.

If you can add it to the downloads section (the link is in the menu bar at the top of the screen) I can pick it up from there. That way, anyone else who would like one can download it as well.

You are a star Tim.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
biertje
Private

Post by biertje »

wibblywobbly wrote:You read my mind? :D

Ok, that looks good. I can hollow it out by creating a second file at 98% scale and removing it from the original. If it needs any post printing work I can sort it out with Milliput and sanding.

If you can add it to the downloads section (the link is in the menu bar at the top of the screen) I can pick it up from there. That way, anyone else who would like one can download it as well.

You are a star Tim.
The program I juice has a make hollow function so that's already sorted out ;)
Ill try to get it in the download section.

Just be happy I have a very hard job (pressing a green button) so I have time to make these fils :shh:

Greetings tim
fear naught

Return to “Other Builds”