Best scale tank crew figures and torsos?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
capt midnight
Corporal

Re: Best scale tank crew figures and torsos?

Post by capt midnight »

I've gotten a couple of figures from koleso884 for my Pz III. They are really well cast, natural poses, and decently priced. Here's the link to my PZ III show off thread and you can see the figures...

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23597

The commander figure is a modified HL, the other 2 are the resin ones. I'm wanting to get some of the winter riders to throw on my whitewashed PZ IV.

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Thanks, Richard and Rad for the AliExpress link. Is there a particular reason why the Turkish branch seems to come up? Not that it matters, I just had to smile because every fourth image is of a sultry female in uniform, and definitely not wearing the requisite modest attire.. 8O :haha:
I liked this laconic looking German trooper especially. He could sit on a battered Panzer very well:
Laconic war weary German soldier in 1/16
Laconic war weary German soldier in 1/16
Laconic German soldier.jpg (42.04 KiB) Viewed 3511 times
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Thanks, Richard and Rad for the AliExpress link. Is there a particular reason why the Turkish branch seems to come up? Not that it matters, I just had to smile because every fourth image is of a sultry female in uniform, and definitely not wearing the requisite modest attire.. 8O :haha:
I liked this laconic looking German trooper especially. He could sit on a battered Panzer very well:
Laconic German soldier.jpg
It comes up in English for me.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

capt midnight wrote:I've gotten a couple of figures from koleso884 for my Pz III. They are really well cast, natural poses, and decently priced. Here's the link to my PZ III show off thread and you can see the figures...

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23597

The commander figure is a modified HL, the other 2 are the resin ones. I'm wanting to get some of the winter riders to throw on my whitewashed PZ IV.

Bill
Many thanks for the link Bill; a superb build, and the DAK figures a perfect fit. :thumbup: They're well worth investing in. So much so, I thought I'd post one of your pics here to illustrate the point :D
Capt Midnight's DAK crewmen and Pz 111..
Capt Midnight's DAK crewmen and Pz 111..
:thumbup: :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

silversurfer1947 wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:Thanks, Richard and Rad for the AliExpress link. Is there a particular reason why the Turkish branch seems to come up? Not that it matters, I just had to smile because every fourth image is of a sultry female in uniform, and definitely not wearing the requisite modest attire.. 8O :haha:
Laconic German soldier.jpg
It comes up in English for me.

Hmmm..puzzling. :wtf: Every time I click on it, I get the Turkish window on the world. There is a link to the 'global English site' on the top right, however. It may be that I once arrived at the Turkish site before, and the cookie remained in the Mac's memory, so that the next time I linked to AliExpress from another source, the browser used the most recent cookie to patch me into Mustapha Model's Turkish branch.. :wtf:

just edited this because when I typed 'next', as in "..the next time I linked..", this damned predictive text gremlin converted the text to "..the nice time I.."'. A nice time would be nice..if it were next @)
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Here are a few more 1:16 torsos and figures. Getting a British tanker in 1:16 was as difficult as finding a 1:16 British tank is:/ .. Should I be surprised? :/ The notable exception is Forgebear's Tank Captain offering (used to great effect on Tom's Cromwell).
There were plenty of figures in 1:35, just as British tanks also begin to appear in that diminutive scale. :|
British Tank Captain- available from Forgebear
British Tank Captain- available from Forgebear
Classy Hobby German Panzer crewman in 1:16
Classy Hobby German Panzer crewman in 1:16
Classy Hobby German tank crew.jpeg (81.97 KiB) Viewed 3271 times
Dragon 1:16 SS-Unterscharfuhrer
Dragon 1:16 SS-Unterscharfuhrer
Dragon 1-16 SS-Unterscharfuhrer.jpg (54.56 KiB) Viewed 3271 times
Classy Hobby figures are notionally available from Steve at Welshdragon. (Except they're out of stock.. :S )
Asiatam rough around the edges German Tanker
Asiatam rough around the edges German Tanker
asiatam-german-tank-commander-figure-in-winter-uniform-1-16-scale-2146-p.jpg (42.2 KiB) Viewed 3271 times
Tamiya 1:16 Crewman
Tamiya 1:16 Crewman
Tamiya 1-16 Crewman A.jpg (26.01 KiB) Viewed 3271 times
The Tamiya figures are OK, and half the price of the ones above. It appears that it's necessary to fork out around £20 and above to get a passable figure, but some of the cheaper ones are OK too..
I checked out Trumpeter, and they make decent figures in 1:16. However, you could buy a golden Oscar figure for the price of this one on Ebay :haha:
Trumpeter Tank crewman...for the Billionaire modeller
Trumpeter Tank crewman...for the Billionaire modeller
Trumpeter tank crew.jpeg (67.51 KiB) Viewed 3271 times
Then, I saw some lovely Verlinden models; but they really are just a shade too big for 1:16 displays and diorama, I think. But here's a 1:9 scale 'Red Beret' (with two deadly weapons... :O )
at the absurd end of the models mart:
Red Devil with two deadly weapons...
Red Devil with two deadly weapons...
Red Devil- temptress 1-9.jpg (28.21 KiB) Viewed 3271 times
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Mine are not bad, especially considering the time you will save not painting! :P

https://m.ebay.com/itm/1-18-Jnewboy-Cus ... 2952325538
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jnewboy wrote:Mine are not bad, especially considering the time you will save not painting! :P

https://m.ebay.com/itm/1-18-Jnewboy-Cus ... 2952325538
Not at all bad, and I'm also impressed by your enterprise :thumbup:
But did they really smoke loco weed in those days, as that looks suspiciously like a joint in his hand ? :eh: :haha:
This forum has a lot of talented people drifting though its portals...some perhaps on a cloud of wacky backy :shh: 8O
Just jesting, of course. I must check out some of your other creations :wave:
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

If you ever do US troops, let me know. I'll buy a halftrack full.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

gp100 wrote:The first time I laid my eyes on the tank commander with no legs that came with my tiger 1, I had only one thought...

Good lord.. The Germans are getting so desperate, they're sending double amputees into the war now!
Ermm..that would be "triple amputee'' for a gentleman, I think... :lolno:

Return to “General Questions”